Sign in to follow this  
neilcvx

Aberdeen docks.

Always some very unique ships in Aberdeen (Fittie) docks and a ferry, there would have been more photos if it hadn’t been raining so very very heavily.

DBCD4E00-CF7E-4E2F-9587-EF4416C23176.jpeg

0F4BD0C9-DDF4-47BD-8A2A-22F3FFBA556A.jpeg

Edited by neilcvx

That would be filed under things that would never happen also I can’t see them ever using Rosyth which is the more realistic option.

• Like 1

Yes, it’s a little bit like asking if BF might operate to Barcelona.  The idea of a BF route to Scotland is not completely stupid, but any such route would surely use a West Coast port, not an East Coast one.  Which in effect means one of Greenock / Ardrossan / Troon / Cairnryan (with most of those requiring significant modification to make them suitable).  But we’ve had that discussion before, and back then I was roundly condemned for coming up with an idea that was never going to happen.

7 hours ago, highlandreiver said:

Brittany Ferries have sailed from Aberdeen when they provided refit cover on the Shetland service in 1983 using the Penn Ar Bed!

That’s a case of a BF ship being chartered out to another operator.  Doesn’t mean BF has operated to Aberdeen any more than the charter of Cotentin means BF has operated routes in the Baltic.

I think the original post was about using Aberdeen for refits not running a service. I often wonder about Falmouth, which has a history of ferry refits.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Solo said:

I think the original post was about using Aberdeen for refits not running a service. I often wonder about Falmouth, which has a history of ferry refits.

Ah - that makes more sense!  It wasn’t the way Neil or I read it.