Sign in to follow this  
jonno

Club Voyage members

We always pre-book our evening meal on the Pont or Cap on our return trips to Spain each year. We like to eat early on the first sitting so it avoids the race to join the queue from the car deck. Gives us chance to find the cabin, dump the bags and use the loo and wash up before a stroll down to supper.

• Like 1

On 22/03/2019 at 20:29, hf_uk said:

I have often seen quite a queue on Pont Aven. I guess the idea in it's most simple form is to let you avoid the queueing the minute you get onboard so you know you can go straight to your cabin and chill, and you have a guarenteed slot later on. Just one less hassle?

Exactly - saves the queuing hassle…….. 

On ‎22‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 20:29, hf_uk said:

I have often seen quite a queue on Pont Aven. I guess the idea in it's most simple form is to let you avoid the queueing the minute you get onboard so you know you can go straight to your cabin and chill, and you have a guarenteed slot later on. Just one less hassle?

We travelled on the PA to Santander last August and reserved a table at the Commodore Desk on check-in. When we went to dinner there was a long queue and were told to join it and wait as were others who had booked. We weren't very happy to do this and went forward to the entrance. Luckily I spied a waiter who I recognised and he told us to come through. Does anyone know what the correct procedure is if you have reserved a table? Should they have a second queue for those that have booked?

1 hour ago, mjturner said:

We travelled on the PA to Santander last August and reserved a table at the Commodore Desk on check-in. When we went to dinner there was a long queue and were told to join it and wait as were others who had booked. We weren't very happy to do this and went forward to the entrance. Luckily I spied a waiter who I recognised and he told us to come through. Does anyone know what the correct procedure is if you have reserved a table? Should they have a second queue for those that have booked?

I would say just e-mail that directly to BF customer services... they have people who are experts on the ships and onboard procedures, I am sure they will clarify it for you very quickly.

1 hour ago, mjturner said:

Great question - my experiences are those similar to the Brexit crisis - nobody wants to take charge and enforce regulations ( a bit like the lifts on BF - Policy is "dogs must wear a muzzle but nobody is there to enforce this?") We have pre booked a restaurant time well before travel but...... hey ho..... we are not on their system.... again similar to Easyjet "speedy boarding" we are in this queue BUT have actually boarded behind the "others" queue.... its a sort of hit and miss scenario ….