Why did they change the Bretagne's tannoy chime in 2014?

Bretagne’s tannoy system was very old, had less functionality to select zones etc. It was operated by a pedal and the sound quality wasn’t always the clearest.

The new system - which is used on Armorique, Normandie, MSM, Bretagne and Barfleur - is must more suited to requirements, you can add prerecorded announcements, be more selective with zones etc.

Wow, what a pointless nugget of information that is for a Wednesday 😂

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, BAI4 said:

Bretagne’s tannoy system was very old, had less functionality to select zones etc. It was operated by a pedal and the sound quality wasn’t always the clearest.

The new system - which is used on Armorique, Normandie, MSM, Bretagne and Barfleur - is must more suited to requirements, you can add prerecorded announcements, be more selective with zones etc.

BONG!

• Haha 2

I like Captains Barbacon? announcements on the Roscoff to Plymooth service on Pont Aven , you get the feeling he knows what he’s doing, it’s also good when you get the cabin behind the information desk it’s great onboard entertainment 😉

• Like 1
3 hours ago, BAI4 said:

This is why I love this forum. 

• Like 1

I have absolutely no recollection of what any of the chimes, bongs or beeps sound like. I'm always listening out for the, sometimes, appalling intonation and pronunciation when they give the information in English. It's like Officer Crabtree from 'Allo Allo' but so much funnier as they are clearly not doing it on purpose. Ed. 

• Haha 1
8 hours ago, Cabin-boy said:

I have absolutely no recollection of what any of the chimes, bongs or beeps sound like. I'm always listening out for the, sometimes, appalling intonation and pronunciation when they give the information in English. It's like Officer Crabtree from 'Allo Allo' but so much funnier as they are clearly not doing it on purpose. Ed. 

It's not a holiday if it doesn't start with a "Lad-ees and jzen-tel-men"

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, BZH29 said:

I've yet to see the "ear ring" impaired persons referred to in the safety announcement, and wonder why its always down to the passengers to turn off the car alarms and not the driver !

And why do they tell you to turn off the alarm when you're already up in the bar?