Sign in to follow this  
Paul

Cap Finistere in Plymouth

Not only in her new livery, but Armorique departed at 0800 in her new colours, as did Pont Aven last night for the first time this year.

So that's all of the Plymouth fleet with their new look... Something Pompey cannot claim yet! :D 

• Like 1

I wonder if we will see more of her in Plymouth with the e-flexers joining the fleet for Pompey (primarily)...

25 minutes ago, hf_uk said:

I wonder if we will see more of her in Plymouth with the e-flexers joining the fleet for Pompey (primarily)...

I for one very much hope so.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Cabin-boy said:

Paul, do you know the reason for her visit once each year? Ed. 

There is more than one each year, at least 2 or 3 rotations I believe. I asked this before, and someone said that one of them is is for an annual inspection. (Safety I presume)

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Cabin-boy said:

Paul, do you know the reason for her visit once each year? Ed. 

No, I was going to ask the question anyway,..!!

Just seen this:
https://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/news/business/brittany-ferries-confirms-new-uk-2699101

Mentions about an e-flexer serving Plymouth. Frankly, nothing to be taken seriously, I am just amazed they used an image of a current ship, and with the new livery. That must have been down to BF's communications team. Usually they would have used one of Pont L'abbe or something when referencing a current BF story:P

• Haha 1

https://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/ has 3 articles today about BF...

One with burrent livery.

One with PA pre scrubber. 

One with PA pre-wave (with 2 decks of fulle width bow windows) - so circa early 2000's. (accompanied by a video filmed a few months ago post-scrubber). 

Epic... all we are missing now is the one of the Pont L'abbe coming round the sound from 2005 and they will have done a proper job as usual!

Where do they get this stuff from!

>>>

"With the uncertainty, up to now, of the manner of our exit from the European Union – and even whether we would end up leaving at all – the decision by Brittany Ferries to invest in a third boat which will operate on the routes to and from Plymouth is a big vote of confidence in the city’s future."

Edited by hf_uk

4 minutes ago, hf_uk said:

One with current livery.

One with PA pre-wave (with 2 decks of fulle width bow windows) - so circa early 2000's. (accompanied by a video filmed a few months ago post-scrubber). 

Epic... all we are missing now is the one of the Pont L'abbe coming round the sound from 2005 and they will have done a proper job as usual!

45 minutes ago, hf_uk said:

One with burrent livery.

>>>

"With the uncertainty, up to now, of the manner of our exit from the European Union – and even whether we would end up leaving at all – the decision by Brittany Ferries to invest in a third boat which will operate on the routes to and from Plymouth is a big vote of confidence in the city’s future."

They're owned by Trinity Mirror and basically all of their local newspapers are designed to generate online advertising income... My mums cat refuses to use his tray if it's lined with the Liverpool Echo...

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, jonno said:

They're owned by Trinity Mirror and basically all of their local newspapers are designed to generate online advertising income... My mums cat refuses to use his tray if it's lined with the Liverpool Echo...

Frankly Jonno, I am just thankful to them to hear that BF have bought a 'third boat'. Phew 😉

2 minutes ago, jonno said:

To paraphrase Basil Fawlty, "Fussy, is he? Siamese?"

Ed. 😀 

5 hours ago, hf_uk said:

One with burrent livery.

>>>

Ignore it. The Plymouth Argyle manager recently banned them from non-obligatory press conferences, due to how it publicises stuff. Clickbait. 

On 29/03/2019 at 12:35, hf_uk said:

Just seen this:
https://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/news/business/brittany-ferries-confirms-new-uk-2699101

Mentions about an e-flexer serving Plymouth. Frankly, nothing to be taken seriously, I am just amazed they used an image of a current ship, and with the new livery. That must have been down to BF's communications team. Usually they would have used one of Pont L'abbe or something when referencing a current BF story:P

PLA is far too recent for them. They regularly use a photo of the Tamar bridge pre cantilevers to illustrate traffic jams or incidents on the bridge. 

• Like 1

Oh dear, are we never going to see a nice new E-flexer in  Plymouth? The news item in the local paper really raised my hopes and now several contributors here are dashing my spirits. 

Edited by wortley

22 hours ago, wortley said:

Oh dear, are we never going to see a nice new E-flexer in  Plymouth? The news item in the local paper really raised my hopes and now several contributors here are dashing my spirits. 

I honestly don't know. I would hope so. The berth would need some work though, and I am not aware of anything at the moment.

I suspect if anything does happen, it will be for the 2nd or 3rd delivery. They will be concentrating on Porstmouth for the first and the modifications required up there. When BDS and Etretat are handed back and things have settled in maybe in a few years then it is plausible that they would juggle things round and adapt other ports accordingly. That is only speculation, and from talking to a few people. However - I honestly wouldn't trust the Herald I am afraid. I have spotted errors in *almost* every article they have ever featured BF in!