I am seriously worried. Breakfasting on the NORMANDIE yesterday morning we were faced with ROUND bread rolls instead of the traditional BF TRIANGULAR bread rolls. What's going on? Are we doomed?

Edited by veryoldbear
  • Haha 4
  • Sad 3

25 minutes ago, veryoldbear said:

I am seriously worried. Breakfasting on the NORMANDIE yesterday morning we were faced with ROUND bread rolls instead of the traditional BF TRIANGULAR bread rolls. What's going on? Are we doomed?

Do you mean round in plan or round in section? If it’s plan they’re bap’s!

The triangular ones were more solid crust than soft crumb so I consider this change to be a step in the right direction. A couple of years ago my wife put one that we had not eaten at breakfast in her coat pocket, wrapped in a paper napkin. Unfortunately she forgot about it and when getting back into the car on arrival, she sat on it. The bruise took a several days to dissappear so it maybe they have been phased out due to EU human rights legislation relating to food stuffs likely to cause serious injury. Ed. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, veryoldbear said:

Shocking!😳

I have a feeling they were like that when we last travelled to.  Thin end of the wedge (or, not, in this case.....!).

• Haha 1

The beginning of the end was when the mini ice cream cones ceased to be served with the coffee. Oh! halcyon days. . . 

I actually quite like the triangular sourdough rolls - and they kept my dentist's filling replacement programme in business.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, The Ferry Man said:

Or make new wavy bead rolls...

Shame, loved the triangular rolls!

We don't know for sure that they have gone yet, the reports seem to be about Breakfast.

It made my day, the flagship has a knackered engine and is out of service, so the hot topic is bread rolls.  Can't say we don't cover everything on here.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

39 minutes ago, Solo said:

It made my day, the flagship has a knackered engine and is out of service, so the hot topic is bread rolls.  Can't say we don't cover everything on here.

Next challenge will be to see whether the thread can get to 100 pages! 🤣

22 hours ago, veryoldbear said:

I think you'll find that the issue of bread rolls has gone full circle :D 

24 minutes ago, Gareth said:

Next challenge will be to see whether the thread can get to 100 pages! 🤣

There's no knead to string it out. Ed. 

• Like 1

Now that we are on a roll ( sorry 🙂 ) - Slightly off topic but while we are on food quality does anyone else think that the raspberry tart is not a patch on what it used to be?

Andy

3 hours ago, ac_freeman said:

Now that we are on a roll ( sorry 🙂 ) - Slightly off topic but while we are on food quality does anyone else think that the raspberry tart is not a patch on what it used to be?

Andy

Well. I don't know what it used to be. But if it was previously a Grand Marnier thrice cooked souffle, then I agree with you.

• Haha 1

I have sent a friend who works on Barfleur to check when he works on her later on today and to ask about it.

16 hours ago, rogerpatenall said:

Well. I don't know what it used to be. But if it was previously a Grand Marnier thrice cooked souffle, then I agree with you.

Well, not sure about Grand Marnier but the Raspberry sauce used to be ( or certainly seemed to be ) made from pureed fresh raspberries, now it seems to be regular raspberry jam - it is still my automatic dessert choice on each BF crossing and is still very nice indeed.......just not quite what it used to be, they have also trimmed at least an inch off the diameter, but unfortunately this has not been the same effect to my waistline after eating it ( them ) 😀

Andy