I had the torpedo at Dinner on MSM this evening and thought that the quality and taste was the same as the original triangular ones, yes they are smaller, however one can have as many as needed.

Have BF given any reason as to why they are different.  Ought to write a letter to Voyage magazine, they ought to do a feature in it on their changes. They normally put menu offerings and changes in there.  Anything in the current one?

Edited by Khaines
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Khaines said:

Have BF given any reason as to why they are different.  Ought to write a letter to Voyage magazine, they ought to do a feature in it on their changes. They normally put menu offerings and changes in there.  Anything in the current one?

I'm not sure, in honesty, most passengers would feel that they warrant a mention in the magazine. The usual menu changes are more of an advertisement of what's available.

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Jim said:

I'm not sure, in honesty, most passengers would feel that they warrant a mention in the magazine. The usual menu changes are more of an advertisement of what's available.

I suspect, Jim, that anything which helps pass the time on a Barfleur crossing is a welcome distraction these days. Ed

Based on those I had on Bretagne last Friday, the reason for the change is obvious - the new shaped offerings are smaller!  Sign of the times I suppose.

• Sad 1

I was on Normandie for a day return to Caen yesterday ( has to be the best day out possible, £24.00 for a whole day at sea! ) - at breakfast there were round rolls, at lunch triangular and at dinner back to the round ones ( this was in the self-service restaurant ), I tried one of the round ones with my steak at dinner time and it was delicious...AND the raspberry tart was back to it's original quality, still the reduced size though 😀

Andy

• Like 1

Triangular rolls with all meals in the self service on a Bretagne mini cruise this weekend.

Quite a relief after reading earlier posts. I could happily live on the triangular rolls and Beurre D’Isigny for the rest of my life. I was terrified that they wouldn’t be there!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, superjohn21 said:

Triangular rolls with all meals in the self service on a Bretagne mini cruise this weekend.

Quite a relief after reading earlier posts. I could happily live on the triangular rolls and Beurre D’Isigny for the rest of my life. I was terrified that they wouldn’t be there!

very reassuring for many 🤣.........although your dentures do need to be spot on to deal with the physics

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Gareth said:

Crumbs, I wish people would stop being so crusty about this.

You are right. We clearly deserve butter. Ed. 

• Haha 1

This really is yeasterdays tale. Its not going to rise much further

Edited by Paully

7 minutes ago, Fine Whine said:

Prove it Paully!

Don't worry Paully. This sort of information is on a knead-to-know basis only. Ed

On ‎13‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 09:42, superjohn21 said:

The nearest butter that we have found to the Beurre D'Isigny is Brittany butter from M & S. Spread that on your bread and imagine that you are at Sea!

45 minutes ago, mjturner said:

The nearest butter that we have found to the Beurre D'Isigny is Brittany butter from M & S. Spread that on your bread and imagine that you are at Sea!

Also Morrisons The Best Brittany Butter. Every chance it is the same product in different packaging!

Sainsburys sell it in a roll shape, note they say its from Normandy

"Salted Isigny Butter

Our Isigny AOP butter is made exclusively from the best milks of the Isigny (Normandie, France) region. These milks are chosen for their exceptional richness in cream, protein and vitamins. Only Isigny's best creams are selected to be churned into Isigny AOP Butter. These creams acquire all their distinctive aromas and organoleptic qualities during the traditional slow maturation. As specified in the AOP technical manual, nothing is added or taken away. Isigny AOP butter is naturally rich in iodine, vitamin A and beta carotenoids. It is famous for its golden buttercup colour and its flavour, which has distinctive notes of hazelnut and milk."