Bread Rolls

One quick genuine query here (and talk about an appropriate thread for it!)... 

Recently on a trip to Roscoff, I noticed no Marmite on Pont Aven. I asked in two locations in the self service, and they seemed not to know what I meant but pointed me to some strawberry jam. There always used to be (free I think) those tiny small heart-shaped marmites . Has anyone seen them on other vessels recently, or are we in the era of Marmite-hate onbard now?

2 hours ago, hf_uk said:

One quick genuine query here (and talk about an appropriate thread for it!)... 

Recently on a trip to Roscoff, I noticed no Marmite on Pont Aven. I asked in two locations in the self service, and they seemed not to know what I meant but pointed me to some strawberry jam. There always used to be (free I think) those tiny small heart-shaped marmites . Has anyone seen them on other vessels recently, or are we in the era of Marmite-hate onbard now?

I think it's only available on yeastbound trips. Ed. 

• Haha 5

On 26/05/2019 at 07:48, Chef said:

Might this be the cause of Pont Aven's resent problems .

Presumably when the French technicians repairing her ring up the German engineers who actually built her for some advice the conversation starts with "Gluten tag!" 

Ed. 

• Haha 3

16 minutes ago, Chef said:

Nein , gluten free .

Gluten free is a tough one for bread cakes are easy enough to make gluten free bread not so easy the wife made some the other day and she said it smelt like a sweaty French mans backside.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

22 minutes ago, neilcvx said:

Gluten free is a tough one for bread cakes are easy enough to make gluten free bread not so easy the wife made some the other day and she said it smelt like a sweaty French mans backside.

That's a bit unrefined. We need to sift out this ingrained smut. I think I'll turnover and read something else. Ed.

Although this my have caused your plans to a rye you must stop being kneady - and I suggest other posters stop trying to get a rise out of him - its the yeast you can do.

And before you all break down and rye - I want you all to know I loaf you! - You can crust me!!

Anyway this all getting a bit too stale and grainy for me - its well past my breadtime!

And yes guys - I'm om a roll!!

• Like 3