Whatever shape they are, a dab of Isigny butter and a portion of Emmental cheese makes them very moorish. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, neilcvx said:

I prefer the new rolls.

Was there an official roll out .

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Reporting in from my table in the Bretagne self service, the rolls are round and I'm with Neil - I prefer them. They go very well with the smoked trout and also with the St Agur cheese.

Off to Concarneau tomorrow, gilet jaunes permitting, full report after we get back next weekend ☺

1 hour ago, veryoldbear said:

Back yesterday to Portsmouth on the early morning MSM and the rolls were tubular.

That rings a bell .

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Chef said:

That rings a bell .

The triangular rolls have been exorcised from my memory. Thanks. 

Or

All these different types of bread roll are making my head spin.

Take your pick. Ed. 😀 

Edited by Cabin-boy

Quick yeast report..after an horrendous drive from St Malo in the worst weather I have experienced in many years...just getting over it with a linctus of Muscadet and Pelforth😁👍

I can report that after detailed inspection of the Les Abers breakfast goods the only rolls on offer were the fully compliant Naval type...........Torpedos....

2 hours ago, Paully said:

..just getting over it with a linctus of Muscadet and Pelforth😁👍

And no better! Why is Pelforth Brune not lauded as the best, the very best, beer ever brewed? (Whisper it softly but I quite like the triangular rolls.) 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Millsy said:

And no better! Why is Pelforth Brune not lauded as the best, the very best, beer ever brewed? (Whisper it softly but I quite like the triangular rolls.) 

Funny you should mention Brune Millsy, as it happens I have some large cans in the fridge for today, in the event last night's treatment failed......I think additional remedies are needed today....that was one hell of a storm yesterday and frightening at times, in all seriousness

Edited by Paully

It looks like a triangular roll with ambitions to be something else. What's the point of selling something that doesn't actually fit on the plate you provide for it? Ed. 

Well, the one thing it can't actually do is roll anywhere. Perhaps they have invented the world's first stabilised, self-righting modular bread snack. Ed

28 minutes ago, Cabin-boy said:

It looks like a triangular roll with ambitions to be something else. What's the point of selling something that doesn't actually fit on the plate you provide for it? Ed. 

To be fair, it would fit on the plate if I hadn’t arranged the butter and the other roll next to it. The bread basket contained both types. It was quite a thin roll, and not very practical.

54 minutes ago, Gareth said:

I’m starting to think that whoever it was that said BF is teasing us might have a point! 😀

Four points judging by the last pic!

• Haha 1

Seeing as they do Isigny butter,how about their ice cream - or do they already sell it?  Would love to try some.

Has no-one been able to come up with a new pun recently? I'm happy to work on some new ones but I'm not sure you can all afford my floury rate. Ed. 😀 

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

Having eaten the round rolls whilst on CF last month, I imagine the members of the French Dentists Association will be gnashing their teeth at the loss of business...

• Like 1