On 02/07/2019 at 20:04, Cabin-boy said:

Has no-one been able to come up with a new pun recently? I'm happy to work on some new ones but I'm not sure you can all afford my floury rate. Ed. šŸ˜€Ā 

...three cornered rolls - where would you put the Spirit of Ecstasy?

Not rolls, but heard on Test Match Special yesterday, England vs Australia, Nathan Lyon bowling and going round the park. Ā Tuffers says: "lion gets a mauling".

On 28/06/2019 at 10:03, David Williams said:

Rolls on the MSM, not sure what the fancy one is meant to be.

0751A8F1-A87F-4EC4-B77B-9FB45D6EE2DE.thumb.jpeg.eb02a831bcd4085266df3cf6e2a8e7fe.jpeg

There used to be an excellent bakery in StMaloĀ  that did a complete loaf like this so you could easily break it intoĀ roll length pieces. It also did the best croute de the I have ever tasted. It was the Boulangerie Eric Frazier which went some years ago and is now I think the office of the Vedettes. Rue de Puits et Braies.

• Like 1

The triangular rolls are now officially dead..Mort..fini...never again...I made dutiful enquiries with the Les Abers staff this afternoon on this very doughfy issue...I'll slice it into bits for you but after consulting with the on board bakers I was informed that those rolls have been given the elbow and will not be gracing BF ships again..

Ā  Ā  Ā Mind you the replacements they had today will also be fine in the engine room for a variety of engineering uses..

Ā  A very strong set of nashers, or a small hammer, may be needed in the dining areas...

Ā  Sorry to have to impart such sad news....RIP

Edited by Paully
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 4

I havenā€™t commented on this forum for a (what feels like) aĀ long time now but it seems the issue of bread is very importantĀ to many here .Ā Ā On PA this morning from Roscoff - some strange long, thin rolls were offered at the breakfast buffet. No more triangles just as anticipated

However, when walking past the commodore lounge galley kitchen I glimpsed a tray of what seemed to be triangular rolls. I stepped back for a closer look. Yes,Ā triangle. And even though I didnā€™t have breakfast in the lounge,Ā can confirm with others in our group who did that triangular rollsĀ were 100% offered. Iā€™m told they went down farĀ better than the circularĀ rocks encountered on MSM on the way out

Hope this doesnā€™t provokeĀ too many emotions . And sorry I canā€™t even attempt any bread puns :(

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, sness said:

I havenā€™t commented on this forum for a (what feels like) aĀ long time now but it seems the issue of bread is very importantĀ to many here .Ā Ā On PA this morning from Roscoff - some strange long, thin rolls were offered at the breakfast buffet. No more triangles just as anticipated

However, when walking past the commodore lounge galley kitchen I glimpsed a tray of what seemed to be triangular rolls. I stepped back for a closer look. Yes,Ā triangle. And even though I didnā€™t have breakfast in the lounge,Ā can confirm with others in our group who did that triangular rollsĀ were 100% offered. Iā€™m told they went down farĀ better than the circularĀ rocks encountered on MSM on the way out

Hope this doesnā€™t provokeĀ too many emotions . And sorry I canā€™t even attempt any bread puns :(

Thanks and interesting..My info came from the Bretagne and I was told that BF have a large kitchen in Roscoff that supplies the fleet with some ready prepared food, some ingredients and some frozen ready to cook on board the fleet. The Bretagne, although having 2 resident bakers, has the Gerbe de Locronan supplied direct from Roscoff so maybe this is where the secret hoard is, hence being supplied to the PA on a Roscoff sailing.....No I can`t think of any bread puns either..........but one will be along soonĀ šŸ¤£

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Paully said:

Noļ»æļ»æ Iļ»æ can`t think of any bread puns either..........but one will be along soonĀ šŸ¤£ļ»æļ»æļ»æ

It's probably the heat.Ā It tends to make people more comatoast. Ed.Ā 

Welcome back sness šŸ˜€

Good to hear the triangles are still around in some form.

Don't worry about the bread puns - they were crackers for a bit, but went stale a while ago!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Crumbs, did not intend commenting on the bread roll situation again as I was afraid of coming up with a half-baked joke, so now back to loafing around on my PC and trying to forget that the triangular rolls are now toast.

Andy

• Like 1
  • Haha 1