Jump to content

Bread Rolls


Recommended Posts

On 02/07/2019 at 20:04, Cabin-boy said:

Has no-one been able to come up with a new pun recently? I'm happy to work on some new ones but I'm not sure you can all afford my floury rate. Ed. ūüėĬ†

...three cornered rolls - where would you put the Spirit of Ecstasy?

Not rolls, but heard on Test Match Special yesterday, England vs Australia, Nathan Lyon bowling and going round the park.  Tuffers says: "lion gets a mauling".

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 28/06/2019 at 10:03, David Williams said:

Rolls on the MSM, not sure what the fancy one is meant to be.

0751A8F1-A87F-4EC4-B77B-9FB45D6EE2DE.thumb.jpeg.eb02a831bcd4085266df3cf6e2a8e7fe.jpeg

There used to be an excellent bakery in StMalo  that did a complete loaf like this so you could easily break it into roll length pieces. It also did the best croute de the I have ever tasted. It was the Boulangerie Eric Frazier which went some years ago and is now I think the office of the Vedettes. Rue de Puits et Braies.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The triangular rolls are now officially dead..Mort..fini...never again...I made dutiful enquiries with the Les Abers staff this afternoon on this very doughfy issue...I'll slice it into bits for you but after consulting with the on board bakers I was informed that those rolls have been given the elbow and will not be gracing BF ships again..

     Mind you the replacements they had today will also be fine in the engine room for a variety of engineering uses..

  A very strong set of nashers, or a small hammer, may be needed in the dining areas...

  Sorry to have to impart such sad news....RIP

Edited by Paully
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

I haven’t commented on this forum for a (what feels like) a long time now but it seems the issue of bread is very important to many here .  On PA this morning from Roscoff - some strange long, thin rolls were offered at the breakfast buffet. No more triangles just as anticipated

However, when walking past the commodore lounge galley kitchen I glimpsed a tray of what seemed to be triangular rolls. I stepped back for a closer look. Yes, triangle. And even though I didn’t have breakfast in the lounge, can confirm with others in our group who did that triangular rolls were 100% offered. I’m told they went down far better than the circular rocks encountered on MSM on the way out

Hope this doesn’t provoke too many emotions . And sorry I can’t even attempt any bread puns :(

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, sness said:

I haven’t commented on this forum for a (what feels like) a long time now but it seems the issue of bread is very important to many here .  On PA this morning from Roscoff - some strange long, thin rolls were offered at the breakfast buffet. No more triangles just as anticipated

However, when walking past the commodore lounge galley kitchen I glimpsed a tray of what seemed to be triangular rolls. I stepped back for a closer look. Yes, triangle. And even though I didn’t have breakfast in the lounge, can confirm with others in our group who did that triangular rolls were 100% offered. I’m told they went down far better than the circular rocks encountered on MSM on the way out

Hope this doesn’t provoke too many emotions . And sorry I can’t even attempt any bread puns :(

Thanks and interesting..My info came from the Bretagne and I was told that BF have a large kitchen in Roscoff that supplies the fleet with some ready prepared food, some ingredients and some frozen ready to cook on board the fleet. The Bretagne, although having 2 resident bakers, has the Gerbe de Locronan supplied direct from Roscoff so maybe this is where the secret hoard is, hence being supplied to the PA on a Roscoff sailing.....No I can`t think of any bread puns either..........but one will be along soon¬†ūü§£

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Paully said:

NoÔĽŅÔĽŅ IÔĽŅ can`t think of any bread puns either..........but one will be along soon¬†ūü§£ÔĽŅÔĽŅÔĽŅ

It's probably the heat. It tends to make people more comatoast. Ed. 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 years later...

Just travelled on the Pont Aven and the rolls at breakfast were......TRIANGULAR!!!  Chap on the cash desk said that sometimes they are round, sometimes triangular.  They tasted great!

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, Malc said:

Just travelled on the Pont Aven and the rolls at breakfast were......TRIANGULAR!!!  Chap on the cash desk said that sometimes they are round, sometimes triangular.  They tasted great!

The baker's come back from furlough apparently.

Ed

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Breakfast for us travelling Portsmouth-Ouistreham has either been had in a cafe near the port or has been Kelloggs variety pack plus baguette at an aire (milk and fruit juice bought at Tesco at Cosham). For 2020 I had taken a brave pill in November 2019 and booked Bretagne despite the drive from Lanarkshire and we might have eaten on-board; I had an email this week from the holiday company bumping my booking to 2021.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, elaine80 said:

bumping my booking to 2021.

A 2019 booking pushed back 2 years. Not bad.

Try this!

In November 2018 we bought tickets to see Elton John in Paris in October 2020. That was then pushed back to next weekend (October 2021). He's now postponed the concert again due to a fall and bad hip. The new date is... wait for it...June 2023. 54 months! I reckon we'll be invited to stand on the lawn of his retirement home and listen to him through an open window at this rate 

Ed

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Cabin-boy said:

A 2019 booking pushed back 2 years. Not bad.

Try this!

In November 2018 we bought tickets to see Elton John in Paris in October 2020. That was then pushed back to next weekend (October 2021). He's now postponed the concert again due to a fall and bad hip. The new date is... wait for it...June 2023. 54 months! I reckon we'll be invited to stand on the lawn of his retirement home and listen to him through an open window at this rate 

Ed

We were booked via the tour operator. They still have my £50 deposit for a 2020 holiday and would refund it if I asked (we have had so many fantastic holidays that I am happy to lose £50 if it helps the campsite survive). The 17 year old and I want to be there in 2022 and the 21 year old wants to work there in summer 2022

Coincidentally, right now I am watching Rocketman with the 17 year old.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...