Sign in to follow this  
nottingham

Armorique problem

From the BF website - hope all this 'history' making and additional scheduling isn't taking it's toll

Plymouth to Roscoff / Roscoff to Plymouth

We're sorry to inform you that our ship Armorique sustained a technical breakdown last night 07/05/19. Repairs are ongoing and as a result, the following sailings have been CANCELLED.  We apologise for the inconvenience.

08/05/19 Roscoff to Plymouth 09:00

Plymouth to Roscoff at 15:00 on 08/05/19 is expected to operate to schedule.

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience.

First post - be kind.

i was on the Armorique yesterday afternoon, she set sail from roscoff at 17:40 local time, but actually left slightly earlier as there was not a lot of cars to board. She was due to dock in Plymouth at 21:55.

however, within an hour of the crossing, we were told that we will be around 40 mins late due to technical issue

when she approached Plymouth, some tugs greeted us. One was tied at the stern of the ship, and seemed to be “pulling” against the ship (almost like the tug was trying to slow her down). There was another tug on the side to push. It took quite a long time to dock. I believe we were around an hour late at the end.

Eventually, we were all called to go to our vehicles, but then the doors took quite a long time to open, longer than usually. Not sure if connected.

The cars on Plymouth side were already in the secure compound awaiting to board. Surely BF must have known hours before that the ship was unlikely to sail? The time we got through the boarder force, it was already midnight. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

In my experience they are usually pretty good at customer contact... sometimes even a little over-zealous! Perhaps it was down on something out of their control - such as requiring an engineer or a tug who did not turn up?

News reported about 250 people stayed on-board overnight.

I noticed she is underway now. Presumably just picked up everyone due for today's 1500 sailing and tootled off?