Sign in to follow this  
RayWild

Road closure in Finistere. D36/N164

If you are landing at Roscoff and going south through Plonevez du Faou and Chateauneuf du Faou please be aware that the junction of the D36 and the N164 is closed as part of the N164 upgrading to dual carriageway. It will be closed from today. Monday 20/5/19 until Friday 24/5/19. Unfortunately there has been no advance warning of where the diversions will take you! I live at the side of the D36 and there is no traffic noise whatsoever.

23 minutes ago, RayWild said:

I live at the side of the D36 and there is no traffic noise whatsoever.

Quick - sell the house before it returns in droves! 🤣

• Haha 1

Very interesting! At 16.00 hours I was stood in the lane by my house when a car pulled up and a young lady called me by my name. No idea who she is! She was trying to get from PduF to CduF and did I know the detour because there was nothing on the road down, just that it was closed. Typical France!

Assuming there are bars in both PduF and CduF, just wait until 6pm and then follow anyone in a clapped out old Renault Extra Van. A Breton farmer in desperate need of a drink after a hard day's work filling in EU subsidy forms will be able to smell drink at an unbelievable distance and can therefore lead a convoy of lost motorists to their destination. Ed. 

• Haha 3

Well that was interesting, the route chosen PduF to Cdu F was as I expected down narrow country lanes. So narrow, cars and HGV's had to nearly stop to pass each other! The return journey was done differently on wider roads so that HGV's didn't have to pass each other. However, it was about twice as long as using the D36! Roll on Friday!

4 hours ago, RayWild said:

Well that was interesting, the route chosen PduF to Cdu F was as I expected down narrow country lanes. So narrow, cars and HGV's had to nearly stop to pass each other! The return journey was done differently on wider roads so that HGV's didn't have to pass each other. However, it was about twice as long as using the D36! Roll on Friday!

Yes but did you find the bar?😂😂

42 minutes ago, Paully said:

Yes but did you find the bar?😂😂

YES, Ty Mikos in Cduf. Only for coffees though. If you pass through the town call in, very friendly staff and locals. In the town square.😁

• Like 1