eagleeye

St Clare propellor issue

All gone a bit wrong today. Service status says on time but VOW still in IOW but should be in Portsmouth. Wight Sun running late in front of her. Queues down the road at Gunwharf. I would advise people to allow extra 30 minutes at busy times. The new check in system did not work for long before not being used but with the extra traffic arriving with larger ferries they need to work something out.

Forget AIS, 'St Clare' arrived back in Portsmouth at 0200 this morning (Saturday).

Image: Tom Vincent

65279284_10157591121644314_431160990772494336_n.jpg

Edited by TonyMWeaver
  • Thanks 1

Quite, I was due to return to the mainland on the 17.30 today. Fair play to Wightlink, they sent me a text about midday apologising for the delay and rebooking me on the 19.00, even reminding me I may be entitled to compensation (not that I'd bother TBH). As it happens there was no point getting home that late so I just amended it to tomorrow early evening, no charge and I get another day on the Island.

Was not at all surprised to see it was the Clare that broke down, it usually is. They should scrap the bloody thing (mind you, I've been saying that since 2001 LOL) and build another VoW. Perhaps they could speak to Delcomar and charter one of those nice Saint ships to cover them in the meantime :)