Sign in to follow this  
John M

Opinions please

7 hours ago, John M said:

And my reply was totally in jest. I am sorry if it seemed as though I was having a pop at you Ed, that was not my intent.  😃 John.

Absolutely no worries. Everything non-ferry related (and, often, some that is) is generally tongue-in-cheek. You are one of the few who uses a portrait photo on here so it was an opportunity to chip in. 😀 Ed. 

• Haha 1

Dragging this thread back to it's original theme....

We are due to sail to Brittany tomorrow, taking two children who are subject to a care order.

Social Services being the legends they are, told us not to apply for passports for the children, it was their job.

Which why we still have no passports.....

The latest , I needed to prove the children are booked on the ferry tomorrow which you cannot do with a ticket as al it says is two infants.

It took BF customer services 5 minutes to come up with the details.

At least someone is on top of their job...

Rhys

• Like 1

That's good. I hope everything goes OK. I think the names of all the passengers appear on your bill. They certainly used to on those bills issued in France. Ed. 

Sadly they don't, just a bare list of numbers adults / infants.

Had to contact BF today, we set off from West Wales to the passport office in Newport to find the passports Social Services said "were there", weren't actually ready. In fact they were only "ready" at 14.00 - sailing 15.00. Now my driving style is a bit brisk, given free rein my VW Transporter can shift and I know SS expect miracles but that wasn't going to happen.

So it was back to a very helpful customer services person from BF who managed to get us on the PA tomorrow night. Could be real fun with two infants on an overnight.

But that's 250 miles I didn't need to drive and an additional 100 pounds ferry fees, at least SS agreed to cover it. 

Rhys

• Like 2