Sign in to follow this  
shar^k

Plymouth Ferry Terminal

As we are no longer traveling direct from Cork to France our new route has us visiting Plymouth for the first time. The journey from Pembroke to Plymouth has our arrival in Plymouth at about 6pm for a 10pm sailing. I would appreciate if somebody could answer a few questions. 

1. Can I park at the Ferry Terminal(standard car with roof box).?

2. If I can, is there a family friendly restaurant within walking distance for dinner?

3. If I can’t any recommendations?

4. Does any anyone know what time loading would usually start? Have a Liverpool FC mad  boy who is worried he won’t get to see the match!

Thanks in advance

My parents are parked in the check in lanes just now with a roof box (probably) and are eating at the Dock it looks ok for kids too they say the foods really good if you don’t fancy that there’s pizza express in the town centre and you can park near it .

Hi shar^k,  Sorry you have been messed about but welcome to Plymouth.

Yes as Neil says The Dock is the easiest place for a meal, it's upstairs in the King Point marina building within the ferryport area - its  open all day and last food orders are at 9.15 pm. on weekdays and 10 pm. at weekends. Menu and prices on their own website, reviews are on Trip Advisor.  It has it's own free car park but it's only 100 metres walk if you line up at the ferry check ins.  Bon voyage. 

Edited by wortley

I would book if you’re going to the Dock my Dad said 12 people were turned away in the time he was there.

Hi, you can park in the ferry terminal car park, also they have built a new parking area for motor homes and cars on the right as you go towards the check in.

There is a cafe inside the terminal.  Also a restaurant near the check in area by the sea harbour  and a large hotel just before you get to the terminal, called The Duke of Cornwall.  All in al you won’t have a problem 

There were army and Gendarme maratime onboard last night I hope the kids aren’t frightened of big machine guns.

56 minutes ago, neilcvx said:

There were army and Gendarme maratime onboard last night I hope the kids aren’t frightened of big machine guns.

No wonder, they`ve heard a lot of passengers on the route are disgruntled 😂🤣

• Like 1