Sign in to follow this  
Bisnick

Plymouth. Highly likely traffic chaos

https://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/news/plymouth-news/well-straight-point-isnt-good-2952888

This could well impact anyone using Millbay Docks for the next few weeks.

Best not to enter Plymouth at the Sainsburys roundabout but carry on the A38 and turn left on to the A386. These roadworks have been going on for weeks now causing major traffic problems. The proposal is now to narrow the road at Charles Cross ( The Old ruined church roundabout ) into single lane.

I would recommend the same way out of Plymouth via A386.

Coming from Exeter direction down the A38 we take Embankment , go left just before Charles Church roundabout to the Barbican area and then left at the Duke of Cornwall to Milbay. So we skirt a block from C Church roundabout. What do you think Bisnick? Any problems for us? We take the 0800 to Roscoff. on the 28th of this month..

Thanks

Stu

25 minutes ago, straightfeed said:

Coming from Exeter direction down the A38 we take Embankment , go left just before Charles Church roundabout to the Barbican area and then left at the Duke of Cornwall to Milbay. So we skirt a block from C Church roundabout. What do you think Bisnick? Any problems for us? We take the 0800 to Roscoff. on the 28th of this month..

Thanks

Stu

I think that is signed to the Ferry, but for light vehicles only.

Thank God its only a traffic difficulty.

For a moment, I thought that there was a Plymouth bread roll problem.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, Gardian said:

Plymouth bread roll

I think they only eat Rock Cakes down there. It's something to do with the Plymouth Breathren Rules. 

Ed

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, straightfeed said:

Thanks

Stu

The Barbican turning  is just at the start of the restriction. I think all of Exeter Street will be affected going by the previous holdups. 

50 minutes ago, Bisnick said:

The Barbican turning  is just at the start of the restriction. I think all of Exeter Street will be affected going by the previous holdups. 

Thanks for that. I think we shall go as you said, down past Home Park. Used to go that way but when they opened the route down to the Barbican that's the way weve been using for a couple of years now.
Have the city council given a finishing date for the road works?

Thanks again

I think they are only painting a new zebra crossing so should not take more than take three weeks.

Those who are really courageous and daring can approach Millbay past the dockyard at Devonport and along Union  Street. 

• Haha 1

Does anyone know if there is a map showing the closed/lane restricted roads in these works, with accurate times/dates of the restrictions?

The map you asked for.

Exeter Street closed inbound till 7 July, and then outbound for ten weeks after that. 

IMG_0742.JPG

We have gone the Barbican route for a few years now, glad this was highlighted as we are on a 3PM crossing later this month and could do without chaos at the end of what will probably be a long day. Leaving Fishguard with two infants (not us) in the back, never done a long car trip before, picking up daughter on the way (who is so organised she will probably wait for us to arrive before she starts packing). 

Would have been a lovely end to the day.....

That said, my new Garmin would probably have picked this up and offered a diversion.

Rhys