Sign in to follow this  
shar^k

Cabins

Other then the balcony, is there a difference between a Commodore cabin and a Deluxe cabin on the Pont Aven?

IMO > The commodore cabins are Slightly more spacious & they are designed in a more tasteful way....  The BF YouTube videos give you a good impression on commodore and deluxe cabins to Make an informed choice, both give access to the commodore lounge.

We would only ever consider a 20 hour cruise to Spain in a Commodore Cabin with a balcony. Even if you do not sit outside, it is great to have the door open and the fresh air coming in. The Balcony also comes into its own on departing Plymouth and entering Santander. Breakfast outside looking out for dolphins is also lovely. I hope that our trip in August will be lovely and smooth ( and that PA is working OK!)

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, wortley said:

But it costs £352 .....

wow...thats more than my return crossing with club cabins and car on the Bretagne next week......hope the dolphins perform on the day!!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Paully said:

hope the dolphins perform on the day!!

Nothing like a few triangle fragments to intice them! 🤣

(See - managed to do that without using the B word and without having to resort to corny baking quips!) 😀

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Gareth said:

(See - managed to do that without using the B word and without having to resort to corny baking quips!) 😀

That's fin-tastic! 🤣 Ed. 

1 hour ago, Gareth said:

Due to their unique shape, now known as self stabilizing anti roll .  

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Chef said:

Due to their unique shape, now known as self stabilizing anti roll .  

Well I am glad that you didn't go downhill and move this thread into Dolphin and Whale puns (like some)

On 14/06/2019 at 17:00, David Williams said:

Well I am glad that you didn't go downhill and move this thread into Dolphin and Whale puns (like some)

I know, some people do that on porpoise... 

Why is there an announcement asking for people to leave their cabin doors open when they vacate them?  I was having a coffee downstairs after vacating mine Saturday morning and this announcement sounded, I had shut mine, naturally after vacating I shut the door, then I hear that.  I was not traipsing all the way back up there to open it again!  Never remember hearing that before, what is the point of that...???  Had already had to go back up there once to look for a hairband...🙄

2 hours ago, Khaines said:

Why is there an announcement asking for people to leave their cabin doors open when they vacate them?  I was having a coffee downstairs after vacating mine Saturday morning and this announcement sounded, I had shut mine, naturally after vacating I shut the door, then I hear that.  I was not traipsing all the way back up there to open it again!  Never remember hearing that before, what is the point of that...???  Had already had to go back up there once to look for a hairband...🙄

It's just an easy way for staff to know by sight that it's empty just by looking down a corridor, once staff have cleaned them the door is then closed signalling that it's ready for use again. Without a wedge many of them spring back shut anyway.

• Like 1