Jump to content

BF charters a new ship


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

'Kerry' seen in Gilbraltar this morning, she's now bunkering.   Thanks to Francis Ferro for the photo.    

That’s an awful big bowl for the car keys .

A voyage report on the AF Michela - https://www.maxglobetrotter.com/2018/03/trieste-to-durres-adria-ferry-way.html

Posted Images

10 hours ago, Tregastel said:

The paint damage on Kerry's bow is awful. If it comes off that easily, she'll be back in her old livery in a couple of months 

I note from a picture tweeted by Tony of the Normandie that some of the original blue is showing at the bottom of the bow on her as well - have they changed the types of paint allowed on ships recently ?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, David Williams said:

I note from a picture tweeted by Tony of the Normandie that some of the original blue is showing at the bottom of the bow on her as well - have they changed the types of paint allowed on ships recently ?

I don't think that is paint fading, that's where the bow doors rub against the berth.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, TonyMWeaver said:

I don't think that is paint fading, that's where the bow doors rub against the berth.

Surely not Tony, she's a stern loader like all Visentinis, there shouldn't be any part of the berth remotely near her bow. It looks to me as though they've forgotten to apply a coat of primer - otherwise someone had the bright idea to nip over to Hendaye for a job lot of cheap French paint, or even expensive French paint for that matter, it's all pretty rubbish….:S

Chris

Edited by Fine Whine
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Fine Whine said:

Surely not Tony, she's a stern loader like all Visentinis, there shouldn't be any part of the berth remotely near her bow. It looks to me as though they've forgotten to apply a coat of primer - otherwise someone had the bright idea to nip over to Hendaye for a job lot of cheap French paint, or even expensive French paint for that matter, it's all pretty rubbish….:S

Chris

I think he was referring to Normandie (and not Kerry) in reply to David's post about similar paint wear. Ed. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Fine Whine said:

Surely not Tony, she's a stern loader like all Visentinis, there shouldn't be any part of the berth remotely near her bow. It looks to me as though they've forgotten to apply a coat of primer - otherwise someone had the bright idea to nip over to Hendaye for a job lot of cheap French paint, or even expensive French paint for that matter, it's all pretty rubbish….:S

Chris

As Cabin-Boy said, I was referring to Normandie. Kerry's BF livery was applied before she first arrived in Spain, wasn't this done in Italy or Greece?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, georgem7 said:

Would be interesting to see the ship layout. Or is her time in the fleet going to be so short there won't be any worth going to the trouble of making a ship guide pdf? 

I've searched all 4 BF national websites and there is nothing available as yet. I can't believe they haven't produced one to hand out to passengers on boarding as it's part of the safety information. If so, the PDF version doesn't seem to be online yet.

I've also looked for information at her previous operator, Adria Ferries, and there's nothing there either. The best I can find right now is this of one of her sister ships that used to be with Stena. 

stenaforwarder_gaplp.jpg

Source: https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://hhvferry.com/deckplans.htm&ved=2ahUKEwiVx9yLrZLmAhXEz4UKHZ91D-8QFjAAegQIAhAB&usg=AOvVaw3cbbQaTHMSpTse6nKl7Ru9

Ed

Edited by Cabin-boy
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 29/11/2019 at 11:17, TonyMWeaver said:

Short video from on board 'M/V Kerry', thanks to Jonathan Kilpatrick. 

 

 

Seems a better layout then Connemara. If I remember correctly the self service on Kerry is the bar on Connemara. The bar on Kerry is the sleeping lounge on Connemara. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

The bar's name allows the passengers to practice their French. (https://www.brittanyferries.ie/ships/economie/kerry/facilities)

Bar

Le Bar is located on Deck 5 and offers a selection of alcoholic drinks and beverages, ranging from French wines, beer and spirits, as well as crisps and snacks.

 

I am not sure whether they rename it on the Spanish Sailings.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 7 months later...
On 18/07/2020 at 07:21, David Williams said:

Better late than never. Interesting that a ship running between Ireland and Spain has instructions in English and French. I wonder if we see the contract extended and the ship moved ?

Assume deck 3 is a garage, but not shown on the guide.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 30/11/2019 at 19:39, David Williams said:

The bar's name allows the passengers to practice their French. (https://www.brittanyferries.ie/ships/economie/kerry/facilities)

Bar

Le Bar is located on Deck 5 and offers a selection of alcoholic drinks and beverages, ranging from French wines, beer and spirits, as well as crisps and snacks.

 

I am not sure whether they rename it on the Spanish Sailings.

Never mind Le Bar, do we see Pierre LE BEAR ??? Or is s/he still in confinement?

 

Pierre le Bear.JPG

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 24/07/2020 at 08:17, kenw said:

Never mind Le Bar, do we see Pierre LE BEAR ??? Or is s/he still in confinement?

According to a post on BF's Instagram, it seems you can rest assured PLB is alive, well and following facemask guidance...

104211682_Screenshot_20200730-1924042.thumb.png.0da48ceda8da957b8bdeea6fe7e17189.png

 

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...