The Ferry Man

For all you Barfleur Fans

8 hours ago, The Ferry Man said:

Auchan in Calais has this bag at the moment!

IMG_20190623_211913.jpg

Even the seagulls can't be bothered to look at her. 😀 Ed. 

That’s slightly harsh Ed; all three are posing perfectly for the camera so that in years to come they can show the grandchildren and say  « We were there »....🤣

Chris

3 hours ago, Fine Whine said:

That’s slightly harsh Ed; all three are posing perfectly for the camera so that in years to come they can show the grandchildren and say  « We were there »....🤣

Chris

Plymouthian seagulls are much fatter:)

55 minutes ago, hf_uk said:

Plymouthian seagulls are much fatter:)

That'll be due to all those indigestible bread rolls chucked overboard. Ed. 

• Haha 3

Sllightly off topic, do the Barfleur cabins have the same decor as the Normandie or Bretagne?

The outside cabin is in the the same decor as Normandie which makes scene because both ships were bulit around the same time at the same shipyard.

The inside cabin has pink sheets like the Bretagne. (Has this been referbished)

What is correct? 

46 minutes ago, Bf Bretagne said:

Sllightly off topic, do the Barfleur cabins have the same decor as the Normandie or Bretagne?

The outside cabin is in the the same decor as Normandie which makes scene because both ships were bulit around the same time at the same shipyard.

The inside cabin has pink sheets like the Bretagne. (Has this been referbished)

What is correct? 

I was in an outside cabin on Barf the other day, from what I remember the sheets were white ir cream, decor was cream.  Think curtains were dark blue.  Carpet cannot remember, even though I got a close enough look as I was on my hands and knees looking for a hairband...  i have some photos a few years ago from an inside cabin - pretty much the same I think from memory.

Save posting twice, back to original topic, BF ought to sell bags in the shops with pictures of the ships relevant to the shops. 

Is that pic of when she sailed for DFDS? I notice she has the cow catcher fitted. Certainly not a licensed product, someone has been busy with adobe photoshop and removed the livery.

Edit:.. of course it is Iain you numpty, the clue is in the word Calais in big letters plastered across the image.

Ok, I'm off to give my head a wobble.

Edited by jonno
  • Haha 2

23 minutes ago, Khaines said:

I was in an outside cabin on Barf the other day, from what I remember the sheets were white ir cream, decor was cream.  Think curtains were dark blue.  Carpet cannot remember, even though I got a close enough look as I was on my hands and knees looking for a hairband...  i have some photos a few years ago from an inside cabin - pretty much the same I think from memory.

Thanks for the Pic's there Khaines. I'm looking forward to doing a day trip on Barfleur in September shame the BFE offer runs out and the end of August!  The BF website is a bit misleading about the inside cabins then!

I've been on all BF ships apart from Barfy so i'm looking forward to trying her out! 

58 minutes ago, jonno said:

Is that pic of when she sailed for DFDS? I notice she has the cow catcher fitted. Certainly not a licensed product, someone has been busy with adobe photoshop and removed the livery.

Edit:.. of course it is Iain you numpty, the clue is in the word Calais in big letters plastered across the image.

Ok, I'm off to give my head a wobble.

No, Jonno - I went on her when she was with DFDS but no cabin then.  Cannot remember what year that pic was taken, was having a bit of a laugh one Christmas

Edit - ooops, I realised Jonno was talking about the OP pic.

Edited by Khaines

43 minutes ago, Bf Bretagne said:

Thanks for the Pic's there Khaines. I'm looking forward to doing a day trip on Barfleur in September shame the BFE offer runs out and the end of August!  The BF website is a bit misleading about the inside cabins then!

I've been on all BF ships apart from Barfy so i'm looking forward to trying her out! 

She’s fine - she don’t arf rattle though when she is using her bow thrusters...😄