Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Is anyone aware if those of us which were originally sailing to Spain on the Pont Aven from Portsmouth this summer will be receiving a refund, due to the lower fares/commodore cabin costs of departing from Plymouth?

Link to post
Share on other sites

I have not seen anything to suggest that you will get a refund on the fares themselves. You will however get a 'contribution' towards the extra distance you need to travel to get to Plymouth, but that is apparently the same whether you live in Bristol or Bromley. You could try working out the price difference and submit it to BF for consideration, particularly if you can back it up with a restaurant receipt proving you had to stop on the way to Plymouth. Who knows? They might look favourably on you. Keep us informed. Ed. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I was never aware that the fare differed? I thought that it goes up and down due to availability, but assumed that the "base price" was the same.

Are you saying that all other things being equal, Plymouth - Santander is a cheaper crossing than Portsmouth - Santander?

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, hf_uk said:

I was never aware that the fare differed? I thought that it goes up and down due to availability, but assumed that the "base price" was the same.

Are you saying that all other things being equal, Plymouth - Santander is a cheaper crossing than Portsmouth - Santander?

There is certainly a difference in the cost of a commodore cabin, I've always found it cheaper Santander/Plymouth. Could be wrong!

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Jack N said:

Is anyone aware if those of us which were originally sailing to Spain on the Pont Aven from Portsmouth this summer will be receiving a refund, due to the lower fares/commodore cabin costs of departing from Plymouth?

For questions like this related to specific bookings, you're better off contacting Brittany Ferries directly who can give you the correct information for your case.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Slightly off topic but still hopefully under "Refund".

So far this years 6 visits to France have been rather altered due to upcoming hospital operations. Put myself down for any cancellations at Hospital in order to be flexible. This needed some juggling and guesswork but I'm getting there.
This has resulted in having to change the odd trip, out of the expensive summer schedules. I get an updated invoice from BF with a refund due "by application".
Does this mean that if I don't apply the money is forgotten or even applied to times when a final balance on another trip is due?
The refund seems to take 28 days!

In all this I checked my credit card bills the other day and over one day BF deducted £70 then returned same amount. No idea what that was about!
I know they've had an "interesting" year so far but I do wonder if somethings at Bf are behind the ball a bit.

Anyone else had odd billing moments?

Stu

PS. Up awake again but drugs now at an end ,so far.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, straightfeed said:

Slightly off topic but still hopefully under "Refund".

So far this years 6 visits to France have been rather altered due to upcoming hospital operations. Put myself down for any cancellations at Hospital in order to be flexible. This needed some juggling and guesswork but I'm getting there.
This has resulted in having to change the odd trip, out of the expensive summer schedules. I get an updated invoice from BF with a refund due "by application".
Does this mean that if I don't apply the money is forgotten or even applied to times when a final balance on another trip is due?
The refund seems to take 28 days!

In all this I checked my credit card bills the other day and over one day BF deducted £70 then returned same amount. No idea what that was about!
I know they've had an "interesting" year so far but I do wonder if somethings at Bf are behind the ball a bit.

Anyone else had odd billing moments?

Stu

PS. Up awake again but drugs now at an end ,so far.

Sorry to hear that Stu...get well soon and best wishes

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...