News threads can only be replied to, not created.

Christmas / New Year Cruises 2019/2020

jamess

On 25/09/2019 at 10:06, TonyMWeaver said:

I agree Neil, I also do the same. Eat dinner, pub for a couple of beers, sleep. But, will the cruise sell out when people know there is an issue with the ship? It might put some people off.

Spoke to BF yesterday as I paid my final amount to them for this trip.  Was advised that numbers were about the same level as they were this time last year for the New Year cruise.

How many people make it 'sold out'?

• 1 month later...

There are only 18 Commodore cabins on PA I think. As you say, Gareth, it's strange that they haven't been able to sell them all yet. It's difficult to work out the price on the website to see what one would cost for 2 adults and 2 children at New Year but perhaps it's simply too expensive or the lack of originality in the destination has put some people off. Ed. 

I booked in October last year and was told that only standard and 'larger' Inside cabins were available, we were prepared to spend more for one of the premium cabins; seems quite a contrast one year on.  We decided to give it a miss this year anyhow having done the BF & DFDS trips the past two years, it's a lot of fun but definitely not a cheap way to spend New Year. 

About a week ago BF put out a tweet about both cruises with a link to the page on website so looks like they are trying to get people to book.

Trouble is no one can ever work out what's cabin grade's have sold out or what are left as they don't update that on the price page on website where all the cabin prices are.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, agentsquash said:

Did the New Year Cruise sell better in the end? We were able to upgrade to a Commodore on the day on the Christmas Cruise - a nice upgrade indeed, but surprising they hadn't all gone!

That's impressive. I suppose it might be due to a cancellation that meant one became available. Can I ask what the price for the trip was? I don't think I'd want to spend 72 hours in anything smaller than a Commodore. Ed. 

1 hour ago, Cabin-boy said:

That's impressive. I suppose it might be due to a cancellation that meant one became available. Can I ask what the price for the trip was? I don't think I'd want to spend 72 hours in anything smaller than a Commodore. Ed. 

£450 upgrading on the day from a Club - originally was about £1200 for 4 including Christmas dinner. I suspect it must have been a cancellation considering it was one of the bigger balconies as well!

Edited by agentsquash

• 2 months later...

Have only just found this site! Although a long time ferry enthusiast.

We took the New Year cruise to Honfleur, and at the time, I wondered why the stern ramp was not used. I sensed something was not quite right, but the cruise went very well. My only real moan was the gangway arrangement at Honfleur. We had been assured by BF that my wife could use a mobility scooter and we hired one on this advice. This proved to be impossible and we eventually disembarked and had the use of one of the ships wheelchairs instead.

On return, I noted that she salied to Gdansk and her long stay there is now explained.

Due to sail on her again in May to Santander. Covid 19 excepted.

• Like 1