Sign in to follow this  
Michelle

Compensation payment for Fire on board boat

1 hour ago, jonno said:

Couldn't BF fit you on to either the CF sailing on the Friday or the BDS sailing on the Saturday morning from Portsmouth, afterall they've been crying about how much their business has been depressed by the political uncertainty?

The Spanish routes still remain popular and near capacity most of the year I believe.

Want worthy of a thread in my opinion but club voyage members are now getting 40 % off sailings for a limited time as compensation for the disruption this and the other “technical issues” that caused delays .

1 hour ago, neilcvx said:

Want worthy of a thread in my opinion but club voyage members are now getting 40 % off sailings for a limited time as compensation for the disruption this and the other “technical issues” that caused delays .

We are CV members and booked Portsmouth - Santander with 6 nights in Spanish paradors just received final notice of changes. No hint of compensation or 40% refund for sailing element!

That's all well and good but as the new timetables aren't out yet you can't really use it except for travel up to the end of October. Ed

11 minutes ago, Cabin-boy said:

That's all well and good but as the new timetables aren't out yet you can't really use it except for travel up to the end of October. Ed

Every little helps. If it encourages some extra bookings it's a winner for BF.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Cabin-boy said:

New timetables out 12 of July no doubt.

I suppose the simple solution is to make a booking for late October and then amend it after the new timetables are released and then do so again in October if the real booking needs to be for next summer. There are ways around the problem as usual. Ed. 

3 hours ago, Cabin-boy said:

I suppose the simple solution is to make a booking for late October and then amend it after the new timetables are released and then do so again in October if the real booking needs to be for next summer. There are ways around the problem as usual. Ed. 

I did think of doing just that but I don't think the saving will carry through because when making an amendment, if next year's price has changed you'd have to pay the difference anyway.  I wouldn't mind being wrong on this so if anyone knows better I'd be glad to hear it.

• Like 1