Sign in to follow this  
Paully

St Malo Portsmouth 12/7/19

A rainy departure from St Malo (it always rains when I`m there so I dont think they`ll want me back). Bretagne was  1 hour late off the berth due to tides (20mins earlier than planned) and made an excellent 20 knot crossing at the start of her anniversary weekend. Disappointing though that there was no announcement just treated as another crossing. Cabin this time was 8304 and immaculate. No stains or visible dirt etc. The ship was very lightly loaded last Friday. Deck 4 was not used and deck 5 had just 3 lanes of cars instead of the usual 4. So much so that no bookings were being taken for lunch at the Les Abers. We had our usual treat there and can confirm that Langoustines were well up to standard (but dont mention the bread rolls) and in plentiful supply, an altogether excellent relaxed meal with lovely friendly staff. 

After a very good crossing, in warm sunshine again with Comdt Herve de Kergarigou, we arrived at Portsmouth only 35 mins late  and over an hour earlier than it was due to be. Very quick discharge, as you can imagine, and have to say very pleasant Border Force staff working well and far more chatty than you would get an any airport. 

Another lovely stress free crossing with BF..just don`t get me started on the M25 afterwards....The standard of driving on there is so bad it makes the French look world experts at courteous driving!!

Edited by Paully
  • Like 5

It wasn't raining on our side of the Rance, the "Rive Gauche".... Met the misty drizzle as I got across the barrage.

• Haha 2