nodwad

Winter bookings

Yet again a complete shambles,put my e mail address on mailing list. So I would be told when winter crossing would come out.GUESS what no e mail and found out earlier that they were. Taking booking for winter crossings have. Been trying and trying to log in but only getting. Up to dates then nothing.so we are in limbo yet again with brittany ferries web. Site failing again.when are they going to understand the site is not fit for purpose.also why have a e mail listing if you are not going to e mail anyone?SHAMBLES

I just found out by accident too.  Was looking at the timetables and there were the Winter Bookings for the months I wanted.  Clicked "Book Now".  Managed to get mine sorted, slow at first but persevered after a couple of false starts.  Booked on the CF - no sign of the good ship Brexit on the timetable!!

As you say a "shambles".  Website now seems down.  Maybe a phone call?

Edited by auchmill

1 hour ago, Steve Humphreys said:

May 2020 shows on the booking website but when you click on a date they seem to be blocked off....is that because all of May is booked already?

No it means that while they have loaded the fares and sailings onto the schedule, they are not yet available for sale..Airlines do the same

57 minutes ago, David Williams said:

assumes no Honfleur up to end of April.

I would think that would be a very wise assumption

1 minute ago, Paully said:

I would think that would be a very wise assumption

Totally sensible and I imagine that is why the Summer schedules are not out until October as they will have more confidence then.

Edited by David Williams
  • Like 1

Good news after 1-15minutes.managed to get booked on cf with pet friendly cabin.again why did bf ask people looking for winter crossing to join e mail list .so they could be. Told when they came out but released the bookings without telling anyone, the same thing happened last i.e. Telling people the date when they could book but released them a day or two early.is this the way bf call first class public relations?

Some initial obsevations/interesting deployments :

Connemara will cover Barfleur's refit in December

Cap Finistere will be serving Le Havre twice a week in Nov/Dec. Etretat and Connemara will both operate to Le Havre in Jan/Feb before Connemara replaces BDS. Perhaps the plan will be that once Honfleur arrives, both Normandie and Etretat will operate together to Le Havre?

Bretagne coming back in January to cover Pont-Aven's engine replacement

Armorique to cover Mont St Michel as expected

Edited by georgem7
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Drake said:

Looks like there are only economise sailings to Spain from mid-November.  Odd. 

Iam on the cf early Jan to bilbao and she is not economic ferry.

Just one other thing cannot log into my club voyage account .tried changing password but no joy.putting this down to the failings of the web site yet again.

34 minutes ago, nodwad said:

Good news after 1-15minutes.managed to get booked on cf with pet friendly cabin.again why did bf ask people looking for winter crossing to join e mail list .so they could be. Told when they came out but released the bookings without telling anyone, the same thing happened last i.e. Telling people the date when they could book but released them a day or two early.is this the way bf call first class public relations?

I've had exactly the same experience in the past with DFDS, not that it's any consolation.

May comes into the Summer Sailing so not available until October.

@ Drake - Cap Finistere is sailing to Spain - once a week to both Bilbao and Santander.

I'm booked on the  Sunday 2 nighter (as usual) but it leaves at 23:30, an hour later than usual.  Maybe there's a tail wind expected.

Website still saying Timetables are being finalised.

Edited by auchmill
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, auchmill said:

I'm booked on the  Sunday 2 nighter (as usual) but it leaves at 23:30, an hour later than usual.  Maybe there's a tail wind expected.

If she is also doing a Le Havre run as suggested, then they can go the crew-change there and she may not need to call at Roscoff on the Monday morning hence the later departure time. Ed. 

1 hour ago, georgem7 said:

Some initial obsevations/interesting deployments :

Connemara will cover Barfleur's refit in December

Cap Finistere will be serving Le Havre twice a week in Nov/Dec. Etretat and Connemara will both operate to Le Havre in Jan/Feb before Connemara replaces BDS. Perhaps the plan will be that once Honfleur arrives, both Normandie and Etretat will operate together to Le Havre?

Bretagne coming back in January to cover Pont-Aven's engine replacement

Armorique to cover Mont St Michel as expected

Might finally get to go on the Cap then! And Connemara - got to love refit time

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Cabin-boy said:

If she is also doing a Le Havre run as suggested, then they can go the crew-change there and she may not need to call at Roscoff on the Monday morning hence the later departure time. Ed. 

On my booking states stopping off at roscoff for approx one hour like all of the other times. We have sailed on her.

So can someone confirm that May 2020 bookings from Portsmouth to Spain on CF with pet cabins will not be available to book till October....I don’t want to miss out as the pet cabins go so so quickly? 

This has probably been covered elsewhere, so forgive me .......... but where’s the facility to book (as it were) via this site?

12 minutes ago, Gardian said:

This has probably been covered elsewhere, so forgive me .......... but where’s the facility to book (as it were) via this site?

I'm working on it - there is an issue outside of our control at present.

44 minutes ago, Steve Humphreys said:

So can someone confirm that May 2020 bookings from Portsmouth to Spain on CF with pet cabins will not be available to book till October....I don’t want to miss out as the pet cabins go so so quickly? 

If this is right it is going to make summer crossing booking a complete farce for pet owners.you cannot trust the e mail info off bf,I booked a pet friendly cabin on cf this morning for Jan but. Up to now stil no e mail off bf to inform people winter bookings are being taking.as you say pet friendly cabins are the first to go and with demand far outstripping available cabins it is going to be a nightmare for pet owners.i. Dare bet they will blame. Brexit instead of themselves.in any case good luck.

Edited by nodwad
Missing words

53 minutes ago, Steve Humphreys said:

SUMMER 2020

If you are planning your holiday to France or Spain for next summer, our schedules will be open and available to book in mid October.

To be among the first to know when the exact dates will be:

I think the last sentence is their idea of humour.  Winter timetables are still being finalised - it says, so it must be true.

https://www.brittany-ferries.co.uk/information/faqs/booking-information/when-can-i-book-sailings-for-winter-2019-and-summer-2020

2 minutes ago, David Williams said:

At least the doggy race gets split into two legs, the first one for Easter and the second for the summer

Can I book the hind legs for winter and front legs for summer?

• Haha 2

Maybe they knew the site was likely to struggle with a large volume of bookings so have not sent out the email to everyone at once but are doing so based on the date you signed up for it. If by chance you then discovered that booking today was possible, its an unexpected bonus. Ed.