nodwad

Winter bookings

5 hours ago, David Williams said:

Interesting reading, PA engines seem to be starting work in November & assumes no Honfleur up to end of April.

'Honfleur' won't be delivered until the Spring of 2020.

5 hours ago, David Williams said:

Interesting reading, PA engines seem to be starting work in November & assumes no Honfleur up to end of April.

PA is covering St Malo Nov and Dec, leaving only 10 or 11 weeks for the engine work.

Also of interest there are some night sailings from Roscoff to Plymouth in early March, these are popular for dat trips.

52 minutes ago, Cabin-boy said:

Maybe they knew the site was likely to struggle with a large volume of bookings so have not sent out the email to everyone at once but are doing so based on the date you signed up for it. If by chance you then discovered that booking today was possible, its an unexpected bonus. Ed. 

You may be right but cannot see that being the reason,more like a problem in the system .that we all know is not fit for purpose.it would be good if any of the bf knows the reason why.

13 minutes ago, David Williams said:

Given that the shipyard is saying that they hope for Delivery in early 2020, I would not expect the pretty pictures to be accurate.

image.thumb.png.2c6b53457d86a72135489688638f76d6.png

I would think BF will be happy if she’s sailing by May and give her time to bed in before the busiest time of the year, although they will probably just be happy to have her sailing full stop.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Solo said:

Also of interest there are some night sailings from Roscoff to Plymouth in early March, these are popular for dat trips.

This is usual, there are normally some overnighters from Roscoff for a few weeks once the sailings restart in mid February, until the spring schedules start

Can anyone list all the Refits and Changes in the November 2019 - April 2020 timetable for me as i am limited on time at the moment thanks to anyone who does it much appreciated

10 minutes ago, Aiden said:

Can anyone list all the Refits and Changes in the November 2019 - April 2020 timetable for me as i am limited on time at the moment thanks to anyone who does it much appreciated

I'd be of interest also, if someone knows.

6 hours ago, Gardian said:

This has probably been covered elsewhere, so forgive me .......... but where’s the facility to book (as it were) via this site?

Without Fanfare  or announcement, or even a courteous email  gone...

obviously the funds it  provided are not needed anymore.

1 hour ago, Aiden said:

Brittany Ferries haven't confirmed any refit plans yet, it's only guesswork using the timetable at the moment. Normandie Express gets her new livery after the 2019 Summer Season, but no major refit, she had a refit in 2018. Barfleur is going in November/December 2019. Mont St Michel is going in January 2020 both vessels will receive the new livery (Shipyard unconfirmed).

Edited by TonyMWeaver
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, TonyMWeaver said:

'Honfleur' won't be delivered until the Spring of 2020.

I've been told that for the moment Honfleur's maiden voyage has been earmarked for Monday April 6th, the bloke doesn't know anything about berthing trials, you'd know better Tony... the week before perhaps plus is it usual to opt for berth 3, 4 or both?

28 minutes ago, jonno said:

I've been told that for the moment Honfleur's maiden voyage has been earmarked for Monday April 6th, the bloke doesn't know anything about berthing trials, you'd know better Tony... the week before perhaps plus is it usual to opt for berth 3, 4 or both?

Maybe I misread the French story; https://actu.fr/normandie/ouistreham_14488/transmanche-caen-portsmouth-honfleur-brittany-ferries-ne-sera-pas-pret-avant-printemps-2020_25519631.html?fbclid=IwAR2vwNwVtbGSNv1mmJFMfB2doAEQCGkkPn-QinejuxaDxu08bLcj8jKEIV4

I expect Berthing Trails will be done on both 3 & 4 in Portsmouth. I also expect PEC will be done too.

Edited by TonyMWeaver

22 minutes ago, TonyMWeaver said:

The last time a new build entered service, she did trials in many ports first (Armorique). Not just Plymouth and Roscoff. However, I doubt Honfleur will. Presumably, they knew that Armorique was and would be required to be more versatile... but I doubt they ever envisage Honfleur doing anything other than Pompey - Caen?!

Edited by hf_uk
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, hf_uk said:

The last time a new build entered service, she did trials in many ports first (Armorique). Not just Plymouth and Roscoff. However, I doubt Honfleur will. Presumably, they knew that Armorique was and would be required to be more versatile... but I doubt they ever envisage Honfleur doing anything other than Pompey - Caen?!

Agreed.

But it would be prudent to do trials at Cherbourg and Le Havre in case a diversion is required due to strike action or another incident. Ed. 

Yep, timed out twice due to inactivity for 10 mins. Rubbish, my finger never left the keyboard.I await the email to say the timetables have been released. I'll email BF to tell them its been released as they don't know yet it seems.
Not good is it?

SFD

9 hours ago, hf_uk said:

I expect they will be done in both Le Havre and Caen, in case of industrial action or weather. Might perhaps do Roscoff in case of weather causes a division into Roscoff. Berthing Trials I doubt will be undertook in Plymouth. 

I can’t see that anything more than Portsmouth, Ouistreham & Cherbourg would be needed. Normandie only did berthing trials in Le Havre recently and that was due to the ‘imminent’ move.