philduncan

Book until 21st April only

I've been waiting for winter/spring bookings to become available so I can make an early booking for our Easter holiday 2020.

I don't know whether others have tried yet but at present you can only book up to and including 21st April which is the Tuesday of the second week of the Easter holiday.

For us that is useless, I can book an outbound but not a return which we wanted for Friday 24th or Saturday 25th.

I've asked BF why and been told that it's because the Honfleur may come into service around then. But of course it may not.

I can't be the only one caught up in this crazy situation but talking with customer service is like talking to the wall. Surely on the basis of when the Honfleur may come into service they could at least extend by another week so people can do things with certainty and if it does appear, it will be a bonus for some - but for us the crossings I would choose will be on the MSM anyway!

It would certainly make more sense to extend the booking window to cover the whole school holiday period. Could you instead book a generic return trip on the last available date and then simply amend it, and pay any excess,  immediately the new schedule is released? Ed.  

3 hours ago, philduncan said:

but talking with customer service is like talking to the wall. S

Not really a lot they can do to be fair.

• Like 1

The best approach is definitely as Ed suggests as you will get the cheapest price on the outbound crossing now and amending online in October will be free (apart from price differences on the return leg ).

18 hours ago, philduncan said:

I've been waiting for winter/spring bookings to become available so I can make an early booking for our Easter holiday 2020.

I don't know whether others have tried yet but at present you can only book up to and including 21st April which is the Tuesday of the second week of the Easter holiday.

For us that is useless, I can book an outbound but not a return which we wanted for Friday 24th or Saturday 25th.

I've asked BF why and been told that it's because the Honfleur may come into service around then. But of course it may not.

I can't be the only one caught up in this crazy situation but talking with customer service is like talking to the wall. Surely on the basis of when the Honfleur may come into service they could at least extend by another week so people can do things with certainty and if it does appear, it will be a bonus for some - but for us the crossings I would choose will be on the MSM anyway!

I don't think that can be the full reason. That is only 1 route. They could also have released that route later, based on the Normandie doing it, and then just added any different cabin types nearer the time and changed people over if Honfleur was a worry. Could the staggering of availability released be to do with trying to stimulate bookings?

2 hours ago, hf_uk said:

I don't think that can be the full reason. That is only 1 route. They could also have released that route later, based on the Normandie doing it, and then just added any different cabin types nearer the time and changed people over if Honfleur was a worry. Could the staggering of availability released be to do with trying to stimulate bookings?

Remember they're still not 100% certain that the Pont Aven will be back on time, although she's in the timetable from middle of March.