Gareth

BF Refit Season 2019-20

'Connemara' & 'Cap Finistere', seen today at the Astander Shipyard. Photos thanks to Jose Luis Díaz Campa.

The departure of 'Connemara' from Astander has been delayed and is now expected this evening.

4.JPG

1.JPG

3.JPG

2.JPG

Edited by TonyMWeaver
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, TonyMWeaver said:

'Connemara' & 'Cap Finistere', seen today at the Astander Shipyard. Photos thanks to Jose Luis Díaz Campa.

The departure of 'Connemara' from Astander has been delayed and is now expected this evening.

4.JPG

1.JPG

3.JPG

2.JPG

Connemara still appears a little shabby doesn't she?

When she was operating in Poole for LD.  Taken from Barfleur, she was just on her way into Poole after waiting for us to clear the berth.

14F06A7E-318B-4742-A792-319D44E10BAC.jpeg

1EB13758-DE63-45E5-8BFB-29165F83BD81.jpeg

Edited by Khaines
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, jonno said:

It’s not a surprise though I suppose an economie chartered ship so minimal spend on everything.

19 minutes ago, jonno said:

It’s not a surprise though I suppose an economie chartered ship so minimal spend on everything.

14 hours ago, TonyMWeaver said:

She's back in service next Monday, you'll have until early Monday morning to get piccies. As far as I know, she's only getting the usual maintenance done, Scrubbers Maintenance, touch up, etc...

I popped down to the port this lunchtime, a couple of photos of Armorique to prove she’s there - photos courtesy of Fine Whine’s IPhone, ok Jim ...? 🤣

Chris

C460B134-270D-4756-873A-FCE3263F4030.jpeg

84B30AB2-71FF-4A30-A0E8-6A3E9B09B1DE.jpeg

2227A1C9-5147-4202-B08A-C848D076F46A.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Fine Whine said:

I popped down to the port this lunchtime, a couple of photos of Armorique to prove she’s there - photos courtesy of Fine Whine’s IPhone, ok Jim ...? 🤣

Chris

Very handy vantage point when there are no cruise ships in. Any sign of life on board?

3 minutes ago, Fine Whine said:

Chris

C460B134-270D-4756-873A-FCE3263F4030.jpeg

84B30AB2-71FF-4A30-A0E8-6A3E9B09B1DE.jpeg

2227A1C9-5147-4202-B08A-C848D076F46A.jpeg

You see! That's why your customers probably stay longer and drink more than they intended. You say a couple of photos and then provide three. I don't know what goes on in Emsworth but over here a couple is still just two people. 😉 Ed. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Cabin-boy said:

You see! That's why your customers probably stay longer and drink more than they intended. You say a couple of photos and then provide three. I don't know what goes on in Emsworth but over here a couple is still just two people. 😉 Ed. 

Maybe I slipped one in for luck Ed....;)

And I may partake in a glass or three after work this evening....

Chris

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fine Whine said:

Maybe I slipped one in for luck Ed....;)

And I may partake in a glass or three after work this evening....

Chris

Why break the habit of a lifetime?  😀 Ed. 

3 minutes ago, TonyMWeaver said:

Very handy vantage point when there are no cruise ships in. Any sign of life on board?

Scaffolding has been erected by the stern doors Tony, and there was a rather large crane on the dock, looked as though it was about to be unfurled. Apart from that not a lot going on but I'll enquire at the BF desk in the terminal tomorrow....

Chris

1 minute ago, Fine Whine said:

Scaffolding has been erected by the stern doors Tony, and there was a rather large crane on the dock, looked as though it was about to be unfurled. Apart from that not a lot going on but I'll enquire at the BF desk in the terminal tomorrow....

Chris

Thanks, sounds like it could be scrubber maintenance.

19 hours ago, David Williams said:

The problem with BF ships is that they generally don't stay still for long enough. Real cruise ships have very frequent stops for 12 hours at a time and they get the paint brushes out regularly.

Since PA moved to Pompey she has been cained!  Arguably not enough time for maintenance either, leading to the rudder problems last year.

Let's hope they get the white paint out too or is the bright orange in the logo a hint of things to come? After a winter on the channel the paintwork on both the Armorique and Connemara will look very tatty indeed.

52 minutes ago, Fine Whine said:

Chris

I think so Chris... I mean, personal preference would be for an Android based device but at least you remembered to cite a source - which is always a bonus ;) 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Jim said:

at least you remembered to cite a source - which is always a bonus ;) 

He hadn't started drinking with his customers at that stage so it makes things easier. 😉 Ed. 

• Haha 1

'Armorique' has left Cherbourg currently doing sea trials before heading back to Roscoff. Arrival expected at 10:30 Monday morning, returning to service at 22:00 Monday evening.

'Barfleur' is approaching Cherbourg, due to arrive in around 2 hours. From there, she will head to Santander, arrival is expected on Tuesday morning at 10:00.

'Connemara' will depart Portsmouth in about an hour, bound for Cherbourg to cover for 'Barfleur'.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

And then it will be just MSM (of the main fleet) to receive the new livery.  

Presumably Bretagne, in those pictures above, will become the first fleet member to receive it a second time! 🤣.