Gareth

BF Refit Season 2019-20

1 hour ago, David Williams said:

Must be time for  the Marketing department to start designing a new livery !

They`re on to it but waiting for the new computer system first 🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

'Barfleur' has left Cherbourg, now en route to Santander. As mentioned before, she is expected to arrive Tuesday morning at 10:00 (Local Time).

'Cap Finistere' is due to leave the dry dock at 17:00 on Monday, going alongside Admiral Dock at 17:30. She'll return to service on Tuesday at 10:30.

• Thanks 1

'Barfleur' arriving in Santander this morning, passing 'Cap Finistere' outbound to Portsmouth. Photos thanks to José Luis Díaz Campa.

'Barfleur' will now head to Astander Shipyard on Wednesday at 15:30.

CF8.jpg

CF9.jpg

B1.JPG

B4.JPG

B5.JPG

Edited by TonyMWeaver
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Gareth said:

Has she called at the BF berth on the way in?

Yes, discharging some cargo I believe, and for inspection of safety & evacuation equipment of both sides of the ship hence the delay into dry dock.

Personally I would say that the Pont-Aven and Mont St Michel could do with more intensive interior refurbishment since theses ships were designed and built around the early 2000's and have a long life ahead of them. 

Having said that BF do a great job on the maintenance side of things!  

Edited by Bf Bretagne

I see the budget for CF didn't stretch to painting her stern ramps.

The new livery will look good on Barfy, she already has the single blue window line and the logo will sit nicely on the slab sides of her rear funnels.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Bf Bretagne said:

Personally I would say that the Pont-Aven and Mont St Michel could do with more intensive interior refurbishment since theses ships were designed and built around the early 2000's and have a long life ahead of them. 

Having said that BF do a great job on the maintenance side of things!  

BF seem to neglect the interior of all their ships internally compared to other operators mainly the DFDS ships I won’t mention names but there’s a certain older vessel that could do with a major internal overhaul, as for Pont all the bathrooms (that I’ve seen ) should be refitted for a start.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, neilcvx said:

BF seem to neglect the interior of all their ships internally compared to other operators mainly the DFDS ships I won’t mention names but there’s a certain older vessel that could do with a major internal overhaul, as for Pont all the bathrooms (that I’ve seen ) should be refitted for a start.

Another thing to point out, BF generally have a quite a forward thinking interior design team. For example the Armorique feels more modern compared to P&O Spirit class despite being 2 years older.

Personally I would say that the Pont-Aven has a more modern interior compared to MSM, which doesn't really make sense.

2 minutes ago, Bf Bretagne said:

Another thing to point out, BF generally have a quite a forward thinking interior design team. For example the Armorique feels more modern compared to P&O Spirit class despite being 2 years older.

Personally I would say that the Pont-Aven has a more modern interior compared to MSM, which doesn't really make sense.

Th Pont is newer than MSM!

Barfleur most definitly needs a repaint, and I think the new livery will suit it. The funnel will be interesting, because Bretagne has left dry-dock with a black logo on the funnel, which is smart. but I wonder if this is going to be fleet wide.