Gareth

BF Refit Season 2019-20

11 minutes ago, MichaelBF said:

Bretagne has left dry-dock with a black logo on the funnel,

Have you got a photo of that black logo. I'm trying to imagine what you mean. Ed. 

3 minutes ago, nottingham said:

Lost the 'Dumpy' nickname then!  Lets hope the paint job lasts back to St Malo 😄

Well the logo on the funnel will be safe at least, never seen that before.

1 hour ago, TonyMWeaver said:

Thanks to Paweł Pablo for these photos of 'Bretagne' in Gdansk, now out of the dry dock. The black logo on the funnel is only temporary cover, for protection.

76942768_1376255752542568_657866119322796032_o.jpg

78458015_1376255852542558_2428308040244527104_o.jpg

78284349_1376255792542564_4092327719612710912_o.jpg

Logo looks better now they've done a full paint job, because previously it didn't look as good as it did elsewhere in the Fleet. I think the new funnel looks and enhances the ship a little. 

20 minutes ago, neilcvx said:

Well the logo on the funnel will be safe at least, never seen that before.

My son thinks that “the olden days” were in black and white.  So maybe this is a special version of the new livery to be worn by the members of the fleet of advancing years!  A mark of respect to a bygone era! 🤣

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, jujudu62100 said:

The black logo on the funnel is only temporary cover, for protection.

To be fair, I did say that above with the photos but it appears that some missed that. If I read it correctly, it's a black foil covering. How long it will stay on there remains to be seen, maybe it will stay until she re-enters service after Christmas. I noticed there is still scaffolding on the funnel.

32 minutes ago, TonyMWeaver said:

it appears that some missed that.

No one missed it Tony.  It is clear (and obvious) that this is the case.  But the oddness does invite satirical response which can be ignored if it is not to taste.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, jujudu62100 said:

The black logo on the funnel is only temporary cover, for protection.

Perhaps it's like those silhouettes of crows and other birds they paint on skyscraper windows, glass passageways and boarding gangways at airports. The idea is to stop any seagulls crashing into her on the trip back south. Ed.

19 minutes ago, Cabin-boy said:

Perhaps it's like those silhouettes of crows and other birds they paint on skyscraper windows, glass passageways and boarding gangways at airports. The idea is to stop any seagulls crashing into her on the trip back south. Ed.

She’s in mourning as it’s her last seasons service for BF 😉

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Khaines said:

Scruffy old moo...😄

Now I won’t have you talk about her like that!  All this B*******-bashing has got to stop! 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On a serious note, the state of some of these ferries when they finally get their turn to dry dock must make one wonder about the wisdom of this two-year refit cycle that BF uses for some of its fleet.  Doesn’t do the image any good to have ferries getting to the point where they look like that.

39 minutes ago, Gareth said:

On a serious note, the state of some of these ferries when they finally get their turn to dry dock must make one wonder about the wisdom of this two-year refit cycle that BF uses for some of its fleet.  Doesn’t do the image any good to have ferries getting to the point where they look like that.

I wonder how long she has looked this bad - i.e. were they keeping on top of the worst of the rust marking while she was in service until just before refit (and a winter trip through The Bay)

13 hours ago, Cabin-boy said:

Very smart. It makes her bow look slightly steeper than before I think. Ed. 

I know what you mean as the eye follows the blue line.