Gareth

BF Refit Season 2019-20

Standard procedure in heavy weather to avoid beam-on courses and steer at the angles to the sea that are the most comfortable for passengers.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Gareth said:

Standard procedure in heavy weather to avoid beam-on courses and steer at the angles to the sea that are the most comfortable for passengers.

I’ll second that!

Just to confirm, there was a minimum 4 - 5 metre westerly swell off the IOW this afternoon and looking further west it’s considerably worse than that, especially for the next 12 hours or so. Cap Finistère was looking in fine condition as we left Portsmouth, there is less blue paint across the fleet but it’s more subtle and enhances the vessels IMO.

Chris

18E46320-C4C6-45D3-B3AB-ED80BCA46574.jpeg

C75CD98F-8367-41AC-A781-E8D6866C3D18.jpeg

751B9F09-5395-4AF9-8FC0-BD8A6C7822AD.jpeg

FD38F493-7134-493D-8683-7ECE575FFD63.jpeg

80FE197F-E0AA-49E1-9CC0-934EC5D55A91.jpeg

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Fine Whine said:

Cap Finistère was looking in fine condition as we left Portsmouth

Were you on Mont St Michel? Agreed, 'Cap Finistere' looked great as she entered the harbour this morning, even with the rusty looking stern doors but it's pretty obvious why they were not painted.

CF1.jpg

Edited by TonyMWeaver

They’d still need painting though Jim.  I was wondering if it was something to do with there not being room to get the equipment round behind her at the back of the dry dock!

I seem to recall DFDS painting the stern doors of the King/Princess blue instead of white some years ago, when they wore their original liveries; I think they did it in stages and they looked patchy for a while but eventually they were fully blue. I guess having all day to lay-over in port helps with such activities. 

13 hours ago,  Fine Whine said: 

Cap Finistère was looking in fine condition as we left Portsmouth

Were you on Mont St Michel? Agreed, 'Cap Finistere' looked great as she entered the harbour this morning, even with the rusty looking stern doors but it's pretty obvious why they were not painted.

Yes Tony, yesterday’s 14h45 departure. Your ‘rusty’ comment has caused just a little head scratching, especially by Dumb and Dumber. It would have been much more obvious if you had posted a shot of her stern to show the aforementioned rust, but I assume you mean the day she was painted her stern ramps were down, which was why they didn’t receive attention. If that’s not correct then FW becomes Dumbo, or even Dumbest....🤣

Chris

Edited by Fine Whine
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Fine Whine said:

Yes Tony, yesterday’s 14h45 departure. Your ‘rusty’ comment has caused just a little head scratching, especially by Dumb and Dumber. It would have been much more obvious if you had posted a shot of her stern to show the aforementioned rust, but I assume you mean the day she was painted her stern ramps were down, which was why they didn’t receive attention. If that’s not correct then FW becomes Dumbo, or even Dumbest....🤣

Chris

From Finewhine to Dumbwine 😉

Starting to get a teeny little inkling that our thirsted-after enlightenment is not going to be forthcoming!  Our ignorant befuddlement may be being treated with the disdain it probably deserves! 😉

• Haha 2

BF have kindly confirmed via Twitter that the rear doors were in fact painted during her refit. As to why they look less white (obviously excluding the overhanging flaps at the top) it may because a different type of paint was used or a trick of the light or that they have simply become dirty again very quickly with water draining down from the aforementioned flaps above.

https://twitter.com/BrittanyFerries/status/1200376350894411777?s=20

Ed

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 1