Gareth

BF Refit Season 2019-20

2 hours ago, Fine Whine said:

he assures me she’s heading to Poland for refit......???

Gdansk Shipping Schedule, up until Jan 24th.

Capture.JPG

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Cabin-boy said:

There is nothing between the 12th and 24th which seems strange. Ed. 

True but not if all the docks and berths are in use.

Just spoken to a crew member who just disembarked from 'Mont St Michel', the vessel will be staying in Cherbourg until her scheduled Cherbourg to Portsmouth sailing on February 3rd.

• Thanks 4

Will the Mont St Michel receive the 'interim livery' in Cherbourg and the 'full version' in Gdansk like the Bretagne did?

Edited by Bf Bretagne

1 hour ago, Bf Bretagne said:

Will the Mont St Michel receive the 'interim livery' in Cherbourg and the 'full version' in Gdansk like the Bretagne did?

That is what I am guessing, I have asked one of my contacts, waiting for a reply.

I’d imagine that it will partly depend on how long the Gdansk visit is delayed for.  If she’s heading up there this Autumn then you’d think they may not bother.  On the other hand, they might as well make some use of her time off service.

I'd leave the logo and just give her a good clean, that is, if they're going to do as good a job as they did with Bretagne...

2 hours ago, TonyMWeaver said:

That is what I am guessing, I have asked one of my contacts, waiting for a reply.

What is the interim livery Tony? 
Are we talking Pelican style A3 printer jobbie?! :)

• Like 2

Just now, hf_uk said:

What is the interim livery Tony? 
Are we talking Pelican style A3 printer jobbie?! :)

Yes, it will be attached with a tube of Pritt Stick...

• Haha 1

'Pont-Aven' alongside in Gdansk earlier this week, photo thanks to Pawel Pablo. 'Pont-Aven' has since moved to the dry dock. Moby St Peter Line 'Princess Anastasia' on the left of the image, Transfennica 'Genca' behind PA and Stena 'Mecklenburg Vorpomme' on the right.

81951966_1421036548064488_6161690967674978304_o.jpg

Edited by TonyMWeaver
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Andy said:

Some fantastic photos by @Gary Davies of Barfleur sporting her new colours

She looks a lot younger in the new livery. The new stripe position is growing on me quickly.  In great contrast to Pont Aven, where every alteration makes her look far worse!

• Like 2

Although I managed to miss Condor Liberation this afternoon I spotted work being carried out on MSM while here in Cherbourg. So her whole port side (which is tied up to the quayside) has been wiped clear of the old logo, and a couple of deckhands were hand painting the blue stripe around the bow windows. Not great quality pics I’m afraid as she is the opposite side of the inner harbour but you’ll see she’s in quite a mess...😳

Chris

6343EDC4-07CE-467F-9876-B6D234DEE099.jpeg

7E7E51DF-9BF5-4080-AD50-1F381897139A.jpeg

0D9E3C53-21B7-45AA-9EB6-9B76941ABCA1.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Gareth said:

MSM looks in a right state!

Any idea when she was last out of the water Gareth. I've tried looking at the BFE 18/19 refit thread and can find no info about MSM during that period?

Two seasons ago Jonno - so either Jan 2018 or Oct/Nov 2017.  Not sure which, but the 2017/18 refit season anyway.

Thank you sir...That would explain her degree of grottiness, cosmetically at least she's certainly in a fair old state plus they'll not renew much down at the waterline.

40 minutes ago, David Williams said:

Wouldn't a pressure washer help with the green stuff ?

Or just wait until Condor Liberation arrives and put her water jets to good use. A couple of close passes will remove the algae and strip off MSM's old logo nicely. Ed. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

I’m not sure how these will turn out As it was almost dark but here’s further photos tonight of MSM taken from Barfleur. So the old logo has gone from the port side and they’ve finished painting the bow blue band.

And what a pleasure to have Barfleur back, Visentinis are genuine economy, she most certainly isn’t...

Chris

AEA0049B-9720-4496-A84F-4F4788ABA490.jpeg

70344846-4CCF-4234-BA7E-81C1AC4C6037.jpeg

76166175-BED8-42C2-A6D8-EA3433B223B0.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4
  • Sad 1