Gareth

BF Refit Season 2019-20

8 minutes ago, Andy said:

Normandie appears to have developed a technical problem

It‚Äôs hard work doing all that sitting around! ūüėÄ

33 minutes ago, Andy said:

Normandie appears to have developed a technical problem and will be in Cherbourg this weekend. 

2D96B705-B26A-4A5E-967B-C1DBE038BE88.jpeg

The 22nd is in 10 days ! I would call it next weekend, however that does not translate well to French speakers

• Thanks 1

In other words, they’ve found some things they need to deal with that will require her to be off service longer than planned.  Armorique required at Plymouth so cannot continue to fill in.  (And, interestingly, the Caen sailings cancelled in preference to Roscoff.  They must be confident that they can re-route the affected traffic onto MSM and Connemara (which is maintaining the Le Havre route in Etretat’s absence).

She better be fixed by September when I‚Äôm due to be on her , oops my bad I‚Äôm on Honfleur ūüėČ

• Haha 1

'Etretat' has arrived in Santander and is already in Dry Dock No.2 at the Astander Shipyard where she will now begin her refit. Photo thanks to Pelayo Fernández. 

Et.JPG

• Like 4

On 09/02/2020 at 11:19, Chef said:

Now moved in next door to Ulysses .

PA still in the floating dock but now has her former rival Princess Anastasia (ex Pride of Bilbao) for company in the adjacent dock.

>>Any updates / photographs  on  how refit of Pont-Aven is progressing.

The Pont-Aven has been moved out of the Dry Dock in Gdansk but no other news.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, NeilF said:

Must mean the hole has been mended. No hole where there was a hole!?

2 hours ago, NeilF said:

Not new - from Jan, but makes you realise what a massive operation Remontowa is!

image.png.a3c16d4788d3709e6b6c3d6876e62a13.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Thanks Tony.  

Just so that everyone is aware, these two videos are different (the second post is not a duplicate of the first).  Some this footage may help to identify whether Etretat was the ship the storm photo!

• Like 1

On 21/02/2020 at 11:53, hf_uk said:

Not new - from Jan, but makes you realise what a massive operation Remontowa is!

image.png.a3c16d4788d3709e6b6c3d6876e62a13.png

Wow - also shows how smalle the Newhaven Dieppe ferries are - the former Dieppe (to starboard of the Stena Line vessel Mecklenburg-Vorpmmern) looks tiny cmpared to everything else!

You can also really see from this angle a familial resemblance of the Huck Finn or Tom Sawyer at the bottom with the European Seaway.

9 hours ago, neilcvx said:

Etretat in dry dock.

By the looks of it she's had the new livery applied. The 'es' looks like the new font used. I assume it's similar material to an acrylic wrap rather than paint?

1 hour ago, jonno said:

By the looks of it she's had the new livery applied. The 'es' looks like the new font used. I assume it's similar material to an acrylic wrap rather than paint?

Still in the old livery as far as I know Jonno, I was told she wasn't getting the new livery. This photo taken today although it doesn't show the sides.

1 hour ago, jonno said:

Definitely the new font .