Jump to content
Gareth

BF Refit Season 2019-20

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Gareth said:

We would not expect to see PA, Armorique or Normandie off service this year, as they had full refits last year.

'Armorique' is only off for 1 week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, TonyMWeaver said:

'Armorique' is only off for 1 week.

Indeed - I did acknowledge it was short.  But anything at all is unusual so I wonder why there is the need.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Gareth said:

Indeed - I did acknowledge it was short.  But anything at all is unusual so I wonder why there is the need.

Could just be scrubber maintenance and the usual checks. I doubt she will be dry docked.

Edited by TonyMWeaver

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Interestingly I see that the Bretagne is going to Gdansk for almost 8 weeks. I assume, from that, that she will have a reasonably thorough refit, maybe concentrating in the cabins etc. Very welcome as she hasn`t had much done to her in the last 2 years.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Paully said:

Interestingly I see that the Bretagne is going to Gdansk for almost 8 weeks. I assume, from that, that she will have a reasonably thorough refit, maybe concentrating in the cabins etc. Very welcome as she hasn`t had much done to her in the last 2 years.

Her paintwork looks awful, she'll get another coat of paint too.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, jonno said:

Looks like March will be the last we see of BDS as she's due off charter mid April.

Not sure about that, Brittany Ferries says she's back in service April 10th 2020. possibly extension of the charter?

I can quite believe it if said rumours are true that she will go back to DFDS but why would Brittany Ferries send her to Gdansk for refit then put her back into service in April?

Edited by TonyMWeaver

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Weld repairs on 'Normandie Express' today, preparing for her move to dry dock, expected at the end of this week.

*Image: Marine Welding & Inspection Services

Capture.JPG

Edited by TonyMWeaver

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, TonyMWeaver said:

Not sure about that, Brittany Ferries says she's back in service April 10th 2020. possibly extension of the charter?

I can quite believe it if said rumours are true that she will go back to DFDS but why would Brittany Ferries send her to Gdansk for refit then put her back into service in April?

Connemara is doing BDS' April rotations and will probably continue to do them until November 2020 when I have a very strong feeling that CF will takeover with one Visentini returning to Cork and two heading back to Stena.

I wouldn't be surprised if BDS is being sent to Poland as part of the handover-check the oil and washer fluid etc. Besides, why would they relocate & reregister Connie and bring in Kerry if the DFDS ship was staying longer?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, jonno said:

Besides, why would they relocate & reregister Connie and bring in Kerry if the DFDS ship was staying longer?

 

No idea, but the list BF gave me clearly says that BdS is coming back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If Bretagne is going to Gdansk, does that mean she'll be dry-docked?

Sorry just read the answer to this above - hopefully it's a 'yes' ;) 

Edited by Ryan_H

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ryan_H said:

If Bretagne is going to Gdansk, does that mean she'll be dry-docked?

They will all be dry docked with the exception of 'Normandie' and 'Armorique' I believe.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, scarlton said:

My understanding is that BDS is still leaving the fleet, with Connemara to cover.

'Connemara' is covering some of her Spanish sailings for 6 weeks in March/April but looking at the list that BF sent, 'Baie de Seine' is off service from 13/03/2020 until 10/04/2020.

Edited by TonyMWeaver

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, TonyMWeaver said:

'Connemara' is covering some of her Spanish sailings for 6 weeks in March/April but looking at the list that BF sent, 'Baie de Seine' is off service from 13/03/2020 until 10/04/2020.

And will then leave the fleet. Personally, I think she's a good ship with quirks. 

 

The new schedules are released in less than 2 weeks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, scarlton said:

And will then leave the fleet. Personally, I think she's a good ship with quirks. 

I can't see it, why would Brittany Ferries put her through the refit?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking back to July 2017, a story in Ouest France did say that the charter of 'Baie de Seine' would end in April 2020. A thread was started on here with the title 'Baie de Seine to leave BF Fleet/ Stena Eflexer to replace', from there, it's been guesswork as to what will happen. 

Will 'Connemara' stay on these routes until an E-Flexer arrives, or will Brittany Ferries keep 'Baie de Seine' for longer? I don't think DFDS have been asking for the ship back.

Edited by TonyMWeaver

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, TonyMWeaver said:

I can't see it, why would Brittany Ferries put her through the refit?

What's to say the refit is to make her BF compatible? Perhaps it's in the contract that she has everything BF removed and is repainted in DFDS colours before returning. Therefore they will do this during the only window of opportunity available to them but bring her back for just a couple of weeks in a freight-only configuration until she leaves the fleet for good. Ed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Cabin-boy said:

But bring her back for just a couple of weeks in a freight-only configuration until she leaves the fleet for good. Ed. 

That is my thinking too Ed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TonyMWeaver said:

That is my thinking too Ed.

It's an interesting one for sure and is possibly worth keeping an eye on.

DFDS wanted her back in April this year before they extended their charter of Grimaldi's Coraggio class Regina Seaways, she goes back to the Italians next month... Pax wise Regina is too big for the route she serves, BDS gives them want they want, around 600... If anything, Regina Seaways is the ship which will be available... no, she's too long for Cork which knocks on the head any Grimaldi/Vigo thoughts.

DFDS also charter another two Coraggio class ships which to look at are very similar to BDS. These will be replaced by the two RoPax being built by GSI and due to enter service during 2021.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 03/10/2019 at 10:49, TonyMWeaver said:

They will all be dry docked with the exception of 'Normandie' and 'Armorique' I believe.

Great to see Bretagne is going to get some much needed TLC - she's still a great ship.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...