News threads can only be replied to, not created.

BF Refit Season 2019-20

• Replies 819
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bretagne restoring in Cherbourg this afternoon. Apologies for the poor photo but it was low tide and a grisly grey day here. Having said that she looks pristine and as good as new - ready for another

I’m not sure how these will turn out As it was almost dark but here’s further photos tonight of MSM taken from Barfleur. So the old logo has gone from the port side and they’ve finished painting the b

A few pics of Pont-Aven last night when they were already craning off the inflatable life rafts, and this morning when she was stern in on berth 3. I’m not an expert in crane sizes but since I’m origi

Posted Images

What I can never understand is the clean and paint the hull the lay her up in the water for nearly 6months? Surely the hull and machinery below waterline will foul up even in the cold of winter. Certainly next two months there will be growth of some sort? I envisaged a layup followed by dry-dock for maintenance and bottom scrub ready for the season, not the other way round?

• Like 1
On 31/10/2019 at 16:04, TonyMWeaver said:

I have just learnt from a source that 'Connemara' will not actually be entering the dry dock at Astander. I was also told that 'Connemara' will not be getting the new livery.

Has Connemara recieved a paint job since she joined the Fleet? Cannot recall one last year for her, but I might be mistaken. Her paintwork looks in reasonable condition, although a little touching up required in parts, if it hasn't been painted in around 2 years. 

Edited by MichaelBF
37 minutes ago, MichaelBF said:

Has Connemara recieved a paint job since she joined the Fleet? Cannot recall one last year for her, but I might be mistaken. Her paintwork looks in reasonable condition, although a little touching up required in parts, if it hasn't been painted in around 2 years. 

No, nothing since joining Brittany Ferries.

1 hour ago, TonyMWeaver said:

'Cap Finistere' of Brittany Ferries is due at Astander Dock No.2 at 12:30 this afternoon (local time), she will remain there until November 25th departing at 17:00.

Any idea what work is expected in those 3 weeks? Doubt it needs a repaint again after her repaint last year. Is she entering Dry-Dock?

• Gareth locked this topic
  • Gareth unpinned this topic