Khaines

Couple injured disembarking Barfleur

On 09/08/2019 at 16:04, zuludelta said:

The holidaying Dutch in France are fascinating to watch.

Typically they arrive in a Mazda or some PSA-made car. Setup Tent. Put chairs outside tent. Then it's chocolate sprinkles in the morning. Sit outside tent for whole day. Heineken or Amstel in the evening. Rinse, wash, repeat for two weeks. The said tent is taken down and it's back on autoroute back home to Utrecht. Hup Holland...

My cousin, who has lived and worked in NL for over 40 years, tells the story of the Dutchman who goes on holiday with a clean shirt and a 5 euro note and doesn't change either!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 09/08/2019 at 21:16, Gardian said:

Around here, they say that the Dutch bring their own spuds with them ........... and take back the peelings !!

Hence the joke that NL stands for ‘Nur Limonade’ (only lemonade in German). That’s all they buy locally, having brought everything else with them. 

• Haha 1

I was told by one of my university tourism-research colleagues that when campsite owners see NL on their booking engine it stands for Non-lucrative. Ed. 

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Gareth said:

We’re wandering a tad from the topic here! 😉

Wonder how many people stub their toes or tripped on those yellow lashing points, been there and bought the T-shirt....😉

On 09/08/2019 at 15:12, Cabin-boy said:

They certainly weren't Dutch as every single last one of them is here in the Dordogne! Ed.

We drove from Carcassonne to Lyon last week and I'd guess we passed close on a hundred Dutch caravans. It was like watching an invading army.

23 hours ago, TonyMWeaver said:

Looking at that I wonder if the vehicle is under power/in gear or just shot down the ramp in neutral with the handbrake off. I used to have a Grand Picasso with an electronic parking brake & DSG box which was a pain on the ferries. The modern stop/start nonsense could also be another potential issue.