Sign in to follow this  
Cabin-boy

Card Payment Problems on BF Ships

Beware if travelling on Bretagne at the moment as you will need to pay in cash or go hungry and thirsty for 9/12 hours.

PORTSMOUTH TO ST MALO / ST MALO TO PORTSMOUTH

All services are operating to schedule.

Please be aware that due to a technical issue on board Bretagne, we are currently experiencing difficulties with card payments. We advise that you withdraw cash for all on board purchases. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience

Ed

And the same on Cap Finistere for 24 hours.

PORTSMOUTH TO BILBAO / BILBAO TO PORTSMOUTH

All services are operating to schedule.

Please be aware that due to a technical issue on board Cap Finistère, we are currently experiencing difficulties with card payments. We advise that you withdraw cash for all on board purchases. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience

Ed

BF have been having this issue on and off for ages ever since they changed their card reader supplier. Normandie & MSM were the same last month.

Well if they have just changed those on Bretagne and CF at the height of the season, and are aware of issues, it seems a bit silly to me. Ed. 

• Like 1

We travelled back from France on last Thursday's St Malo-Ports crossing. Notices regarding issues with specific cards were displayed at each till. The cards in question were Barclays and Capital One credit cards. We paid with Monzo and HSBC cards without problems. 

• Thanks 1

Had the same problem with a Barclaycard on Barfleur last Monday. Staff told me they didn't have the correct authorizations for B/card on the new machines. I could use a different card or pay with the card in Euros. I gave (sterling) cash.