Sign in to follow this  
steveg9

Plymouth departure 13th August

Much earlier than advertised (including check in close 19:00 for 20:25 departure): any ideas? Bang goes nice pre crossing dinner :(

Sailing Modification

We are sorry to advise that due to the availability of the berth in Plymouth tomorrow evening, your sailing has been brought forward and will now depart at the earlier time of 20:25. Check-in will open at 16:30 and closes at 19:00. Arrival in Roscoff on Wednesday morning remains the same at 08:00. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Probably wanting to get out before bad weather arrives (or allow Armorique to get in before bad weather arrives).  You’ll still be able to have your nice dinner, but will be after the departure.

PS the PA passengers from Plymouth will have fun as the port will be full of Amorique passengers - that's the problem with relying on small ports like Plymouth !

Tuesday 13 August Plymouth to Santander at 23:15 (was 18:00) – We're sorry to inform you that due to adverse weather conditions, this sailing will be delayed by approximately 5 hours. Check-in will open at 20:00 and close at 22:30. Parking in the Port of Plymouth may be limited until after 19:15. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience.

1 hour ago, Gareth said:

Probably wanting to get out before bad weather arrives (or allow Armorique to get in before bad weather arrives).  You’ll still be able to have your nice dinner, but will be after the departure.

Nice dinner.... Armorique?!

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, steveg9 said:

Sorry - for some reason thought you meant Pont Aven.  Yes, I agree with David,  this will be to do with Pont Aven running late and the need to clear Armorique through before PA arrives.  The alternative would have been be to delay Armorique until PA has been and gone, which would probably have delayed your sailing until about 0200.  Probably better bringing it forward as they have.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, steveg9 said:

Whilst I am an unashamed Les Abers fan.... and I think it would be a great idea to separate part of the eating area to offer proper table service … the quality of food onboard Armorique is pretty good. Excellent entrecotes and some tasty dishes of the day. Raspberry tart for pud, Chateau Noaillac. Breakfast on the other hand is a disgrace with frazzled fried eggs, dried out bacon....

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, colin said:

Whilst I am an unashamed Les Abers fan.... and I think it would be a great idea to separate part of the eating area to offer proper table service … the quality of food onboard Armorique is pretty good. Excellent entrecotes and some tasty dishes of the day. Raspberry tart for pud, Chateau Noaillac. Breakfast on the other hand is a disgrace with frazzled fried eggs, dried out bacon....

Come on - Chocolate mouse - please.

:) 

1 hour ago, hf_uk said:

Come on - Chocolate mouse - please.

:) 

Chocolate Mouse....Oh I can see where this is going to end 😋

Just now, Paully said:

Chocolate Mouse....Oh I can see where this is going to end 😋

Well at least they ain't feckin triangular, so we will hope not :)

• Haha 2