Sign in to follow this  
Paully

Summer 2020 bookings

I`ve just had the pleasure of speaking to a very helpful member of BF call centre who have confirmed that the summer 2020 bookings will actually be released  Tuesday 15th October for the French and Spanish services. We used one of their subsidiaries, Holiday France Direct, who give at least 20% discount on the Ferry fares which include the Spanish services as well.Can feel a trip on Cap Finistere coming up

• Like 2

Sorry but dont be  Surprised the info you were giving could be wrong.i have been led down the same path a year ago.so still check yourself.one other point Iam still waiting for the e mail telling me the winter crossings are on. When it comes to dates for release of bf crossing it is a farce.

20 minutes ago, nodwad said:

Sorry but dont be  Surprised the info you were giving could be wrong.i have been led down the same path a year ago.so still check yourself.one other point Iam still waiting for the e mail telling me the winter crossings are on. When it comes to dates for release of bf crossing it is a farce.

Mid October is correct. Things could change I guess, but can't they always?

• Like 2

You miss my

5 hours ago, scarlton said:

Mid October is correct. Things could change I guess, but can't they always?

You miss my point, paully was given a date of 15 October when the summer crossings were Going to be released. my point was don't hold that as gospel .dates for crossings can be very important for people and if they are looking for dog friendly cabins timing is a must.just trying to help and only passed my experience on.

I was passing BF's office in Cork yesterday and called into ask when the 2020 timetable would be available. I was told mid October. I also asked if the 2nd Cork-Roscoff sailing would be continuing and it was confirmed that it would be. However I was told that the day of the sailing (currently Monday night ex Cork) might change. 

You wonder if they're waiting to see how Brexit rolls out. As Irish Ferries left it until December last year and then dropped Rosslare, we'll be booking BF, and we have two vouchers (cancelled Pont Aven sailings) to use as well. For a March holiday in Brittany we're sampling Stena Horizon's hospitality because of timings. Would love a new service to Roscoff from Rosslare - any rumours?

In relation to the date I quoted, the lovely lady I spoke to, went away to consult with a supervisor regarding the date and was supplied in all good faith. Of course there are many and varied reasons within the company and its systems why that might not be strictly adhere`d to but it will be on or about, which may be of help to others..