Paully

Summer 2020 bookings

I`ve just had the pleasure of speaking to a very helpful member of BF call centre who have confirmed that the summer 2020 bookings will actually be released  Tuesday 15th October for the French and Spanish services. We used one of their subsidiaries, Holiday France Direct, who give at least 20% discount on the Ferry fares which include the Spanish services as well.Can feel a trip on Cap Finistere coming up

• Like 2

Sorry but dont be  Surprised the info you were giving could be wrong.i have been led down the same path a year ago.so still check yourself.one other point Iam still waiting for the e mail telling me the winter crossings are on. When it comes to dates for release of bf crossing it is a farce.

20 minutes ago, nodwad said:

Sorry but dont be  Surprised the info you were giving could be wrong.i have been led down the same path a year ago.so still check yourself.one other point Iam still waiting for the e mail telling me the winter crossings are on. When it comes to dates for release of bf crossing it is a farce.

Mid October is correct. Things could change I guess, but can't they always?

• Like 2

You miss my

5 hours ago, scarlton said:

Mid October is correct. Things could change I guess, but can't they always?

You miss my point, paully was given a date of 15 October when the summer crossings were Going to be released. my point was don't hold that as gospel .dates for crossings can be very important for people and if they are looking for dog friendly cabins timing is a must.just trying to help and only passed my experience on.

I was passing BF's office in Cork yesterday and called into ask when the 2020 timetable would be available. I was told mid October. I also asked if the 2nd Cork-Roscoff sailing would be continuing and it was confirmed that it would be. However I was told that the day of the sailing (currently Monday night ex Cork) might change. 

You wonder if they're waiting to see how Brexit rolls out. As Irish Ferries left it until December last year and then dropped Rosslare, we'll be booking BF, and we have two vouchers (cancelled Pont Aven sailings) to use as well. For a March holiday in Brittany we're sampling Stena Horizon's hospitality because of timings. Would love a new service to Roscoff from Rosslare - any rumours?

In relation to the date I quoted, the lovely lady I spoke to, went away to consult with a supervisor regarding the date and was supplied in all good faith. Of course there are many and varied reasons within the company and its systems why that might not be strictly adhere`d to but it will be on or about, which may be of help to others..

Interestingly, BF are saying on Twitter that the reason for the summer timetables arriving late is to allow more people to get through on the phone and book winter crossings. It has absolutely nothing to do, therefore, with the uncertainty surrounding Honfleur's delivery date. And that's official!

https://twitter.com/BrittanyFerries/status/1182270969328668672?s=20

Ed. 

• Haha 3

20 minutes ago, Cabin-boy said:

Interestingly, BF are saying on Twitter that the reason for the summer timetables arriving late is to allow more people to get through on the phone and book winter crossings. It has absolutely nothing to do, therefore, with the uncertainty surrounding Honfleur's delivery date. And that's official!

https://twitter.com/BrittanyFerries/status/1182270969328668672?s=20

Ed. 

Hmm... Never worried them before, especially as i would have thought more people are booking online...?

We’ve booked a Parkdean on Isle of Wight instead of a Eurocamp now. Need to budget and no idea of ferry costing to gamble on. Euro camp were offering only Eurostar and Dover for Brittany holidays as option, presumably costing BF bookings by late release!

1 hour ago, The Ferry Man said:

Hmm... Never worried them before, especially as i would have thought more people are booking online...?

However they have now got the new super improved web site that I am sure will cope !

• Haha 1

On 18/08/2019 at 15:09, Paully said:

In relation to the date I quoted, the lovely lady I spoke to, went away to consult with a supervisor regarding the date and was supplied in all good faith. Of course there are many and varied reasons within the company and its systems why that might not be strictly adhere`d to but it will be on or about, which may be of help to others..

The 15th is possible, but it could be later.

1.JPG

2.JPG

Nothing surprises me with bf timetables,over the years you get used to it,my advise is to check every few hours a few days before they say the release date , more so if the dates you want are important.

The annual Spanish dog race is under starters orders, the owners are hunched over their keyboards.

Who will fall at the first time out and who will reach the end of the race with the greatest prize a cabin in the summer holidays that allows a dog to sit on the sheets ?

• Haha 4

Surely these pampered pooches could be trained to sit 'hunched over their keyboards', using their wet noses to refresh the page every hour or so and issue a short bark when the timetables are available. If unable to perform this simple task then stick them in a cage in the car boot and be done with it. My father's daft cockapoo gets this treatment and has survived at least 6 crossings so far. In fact the most traumatic part of the holiday for her is being used as a scratching post by our two cats whenever she visits. They haven't yet grasped the concept of 'entente cordiale'! Ed. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Woof woof Alfie is going on his 28 crossing Portsmouth to bilbao.he know his way to the cabins and exercise area without a leader.you can say he is a OLD SEA DOG.good luck for your trips

3 hours ago, David Williams said:

The annual Spanish dog race is under starters orders, the owners are hunched over their keyboards.

As I recall, last year and maybe the year before, when this momentous event occurs, the booking website crashed for about 2 days under the weight of clicks and enquiries. I hope BF are poised ready for the onslaught!!

38 minutes ago, Paully said:

As I recall, last year and maybe the year before, when this momentous event occurs, the booking website crashed for about 2 days under the weight of clicks and enquiries. I hope BF are poised ready for the onslaught!!

And that was before they brought in the new website !

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Cabin-boy said:

Surely these pampered pooches could be trained to sit 'hunched over their keyboards', using their wet noses to refresh the page every hour or so and issue a short bark when the timetables are available. 

Don't be ridiculous.  Our dog has enough trouble worrying her smart phone and getting to nips with the update to her barking app from the Bark of Scotland - apparently it won't accept a muddy paw print to dog-in to the app.

• Haha 2

On 10/10/2019 at 20:28, cvabishop said:

Isle of Wight has always been a favourite destination with me. Lovely scenery and lots of attractions. You could do a lot worse.

I went for a day trip 12 months ago and said I wanted to take the kids for longer. As BF haven’t got their backsides organised to have schedules and bookings available in a reasonable advance time, may as well give it a go.

New ticket types, bringing you more choice and flexibility
We are delighted to announce the introduction of new ticket types, aimed at giving you greater choice and flexibility. For all bookings with departure dates from 22nd April 2020, you’ll be able to choose from three different booking types:

Economy: The cheapest fare, ideal if you're confident your travel plans will not change
Standard: Our most popular choice, will allow you to amend or cancel your booking within certain conditions
Flexi: The most flexible fare, gives you the freedom to make free amendments up until four hours before your outbound sailing

As a Club Voyage member, you will be able to continue enjoying your discounts and benefits when we open for sale.

Around this change, and the release of our schedules, we’ll be bolstering the service our contact centre teams provide. But bear in mind that we’re likely to experience exceptional demand during this period. If it’s a question you have, don’t forget to check out our Frequently Asked Questions section of our website, which will soon be updated to give you all the details you need on our new booking options.

http://brittanyferriesemail.com/interface/external_view_email.php?AQ9149651495833028049413526442911&varId=

I got this too Neil. Going to have to think about what to go for. Up to now I'd have said economy would have suited, but having had to make 2 changes in recent weeks I'll have to think again. And then there's the different amounts of deposit required.

They're not making it easy are they?