Summer 2020 bookings

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The annual Spanish dog race is under starters orders, the owners are hunched over their keyboards. Who will fall at the first time out and who will reach the end of the race with the greatest pri

Well there’s a spoonerism if you ever wanted one! 🤣

Interestingly, BF are saying on Twitter that the reason for the summer timetables arriving late is to allow more people to get through on the phone and book winter crossings. It has absolutely nothing

Posted Images

41 minutes ago, David Williams said:

I see that the website is now displaying the standard features for day 1 of the timetable (ie down) , however the error messages get even more technical - It now says socket timeout.

The early bird definitely got the bookings today - I even managed to get my cabin switched using a DM as well !

24 minutes ago, David Williams said:

Sorry Ed, an DM !

Amazing tip David!!!!! I was going mad trying to call to change cabin number. Managed to change outward but not return. I don’t think I’d have got either hanging on the phone. 🌈🍷

The UK site is extremely sluggish or totally unresponsive (delete as applicable). On Twitter BF are referring to gremlins and ghosts in the machine. Presumably they are well-paid French gremlins on long-term contracts with union membership and able to retire at 50. Meanwhile the French site seems to be running smoothly so come on over and enjoy some vintage fun! Ed. 

• Haha 1
22 minutes ago, Cabin-boy said:

The UK site is extremely sluggish or totally unresponsive (delete as applicable). On Twitter BF are referring to gremlins and ghosts in the machine. Presumably they are well-paid French gremlins on long-term contracts with union membership and able to retire at 50. Meanwhile the French site seems to be running smoothly so come on over and enjoy some vintage fun! Ed. 

But can we spend in Pounds petetre??

23 minutes ago, Cabin-boy said:

Yes I've been looking at it but the timetable for Cherbourg isn't on yet and I'm after a 25/4 return. Both Caen & Le Havre are too late in arriving at PIP, I'm hoping Barfy is earlier or we'll need to dash across to St Malo... again.

Edit: managed to get on the UK site and there's no summer Cherbourg - Poole there yet either.

Edited by jonno

Irish site working. Just booked Cork Roscoff outwards on 30th June and back Friiday 10th July. No economy/semi flexible/flexible options as mentioned above. Had to pay 50% of total as a non refundable deposit with balance due 30th April.

• Sad 1
5 minutes ago, jonno said:

Yes I've been looking at it but the timetable for Cherbourg isn't on yet and I'm after a 25/4 return. Both Caen & Le Havre are too late in arriving at PIP, I'm hoping Barfy is earlier or we'll need to dash across to St Malo... again.

Edit: managed to get on the UK site and there's no summer Cherbourg - Poole there yet either.

A number of other crossings seem to have disappeared too. You are not alone. Official BF advice on Twitter now seems to be 'come back this afternoon'! Ed. 

Don't you just love the new website, No timetables showing for St Malo beyond May, but site unresponsive so you can only see October !

Trying to book, however. attempt 1        994163938_attempt1.png.cac0bf5f25c2c53eb10245a60d3af2a3.png

attempt 2 2082651878_attempt2.thumb.png.c58476e0572c44e0ab4d23c8ec26cc78.png

I do hope the Sales and Customer Experience Director is on the case because more and more often these days the Experience is not good.

• Sad 1
15 minutes ago, ccs147 said:

Irish site working. Just booked Cork Roscoff outwards on 30th June and back Friiday 10th July. No economy/semi flexible/flexible options as mentioned above. Had to pay 50% of total as a non refundable deposit with balance due 30th April.

Used to be 25% in previous years, and as you say .. no options at all ..... 50% is a bit much as it's non refundable !!!

• Like 1

I've given up having tried for over 2 hours, even the BF phone lines now have BT recorded messages on them. Seems to me that it makes a bit of a mockery of BF press releases telling us all how they're struggling for business as bookings are down.