Paully

Summer 2020 bookings

4 hours ago, neilcvx said:

Got my issue with the deposit sorted out, it was because my card expired before the balance was due something that should have been flagged up in the booking process automatically, I’m sure BF have added it to the list of things to fix now.

Making a Bilbao - Portsmouth June booking this afternoon, the website immediately flagged up that if I wished to proceed the full sum would be taken as my card expires in Feb 2020. Changed to a different card with longer expiry date.

Edited by Eriba-ist

6 minutes ago, Eriba-ist said:

Making a Bilbao - Portsmouth June booking this afternoon, the website immediately flagged up that if I wished to proceed the full sum would be taken as my card expires in Feb 2020. Changed to a different card with longer expiry date.

That's always been the case, hasn't it?

12 minutes ago, hf_uk said:

In the past I've been told to phone them when I get my new card or obviously the booking would be lost.

1 hour ago, hf_uk said:

Yep it’s happened before on multiple occasions I don’t know what happened this time to have a glitch.

1 minute ago, David Williams said:

The funny thing about that tweet is that the miscreant was advertising the excellent 4 engines supplied to the Pont Aven

It's false advertising. Only three of them are excellent. 😂 Ed. 

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, David Williams said:

We had better stop before we are called trolls

I don't believe you can troll an inanimate and non-sentient object and at the moment PA is tied up alongside in Roscoff. Ed. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, David Williams said:

Nothing wrong with a firm response

So this person has been promised a 5% discount off BF's price by booking through Chez Nous but is complaing to BF because the discount hasn't been applied? 

Just proves you can't teach Stupidity you've either got it or you haven't

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

He claimed to be a regular traveller and spent thousands with BF, if so why not join Club Voyage and get 30% instead of the 5% he was talking of.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 18/10/2019 at 17:23, Cabin-boy said:

It's false advertising. Only three of them are excellent. 😂 Ed. 

were excellent, until cuthbert crewman let one become a bonfire :O

• Haha 1

FAQ's .........

How much is the deposit on a ferry booking?

If you choose to confirm a ferry booking with us we require a 25% deposit whereupon we issue a confirmation advice that sets out the details of your reservation and provides other information.

Yet they are asking for 50% when i get my final price ...... not making sense at all.

Yes, you have to play before you can enter so you are probably right. The things is, you have to wait until 31 December to see if you've won or not but that's probably still quicker than trying to use the booking engine or call centre! 😂 Ed. 

51 minutes ago, Cabin-boy said:

Has anyone else tried BF's interactive quiz and prize competition? I don't know if the questions are always the same but the ones I got were really difficult. However, it doesn't seem necessary to actually get them right to enter the draw.

https://t.co/faCwyLCA1y?amp=1

Ed

I got 2 out of 5 - got it in my Facebook feed.  Mine were about dolphins, fish and whales. I reloaded the page to see if I got different questions but i got the same ones, just in a different order.  And when I finished it took me to the page to enter the draw. I don’t feel right entering the draw if I haven’t got them all right.

5 minutes ago, Khaines said:

I got 2 out of 5 - got it in my Facebook feed.  Mine were about dolphins, fish and whales. I reloaded the page to see if I got different questions but i got the same ones, just in a different order.  And when I finished it took me to the page to enter the draw. I don’t feel right entering the draw if I haven’t got them all right.

I only got one correct (doh!), but I was still invited to enter the draw (so I did)

• Like 1

Anyone had a try at booking Poole - Cherbourg beyond 21 April 2020. No dates are showing after that.

I've tried Portsmouth - Caen for 19th outbound and 26th April return and its telling me the booking cannot be made on line. Is it me, the computer or a generic thing.

Ps A great reply for the tweet https://twitter.com/BrittanyFerries/status/1185205133954764802?s=20  😊👍

9 minutes ago, enyajtrebor said:

Anyone had a try at booking Poole - Cherbourg beyond 21 April 2020. No dates are showing after that.

I think its a glitch, I tried a dummy booking on this route and its as you say..I tried one for another route Portsmouth to Cherbourg and no problems..Keep trying, its still a bit amateurs night on the IT front😥

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, enyajtrebor said:

I've tried Portsmouth - Caen for 19th outbound and 26th April return and its telling me the booking cannot be made on line. Is it me, the computer or a generic thing.

Ps A great reply for the tweet https://twitter.com/BrittanyFerries/status/1185205133954764802?s=20  😊👍

For most bookings in April, whether or not they span the changed booking conditions, it may well be needed to book 2 singles.