Sign in to follow this  
jonno

New Solution To Pay For European Driving Offences

There is I'm sure a few members who have at one time or other received a penalty fine whilst driving in other European countries?

In most EU countries these speeding or parking fines are paid at local level this includes tourists who cannot currently pay online using a foreign credit/debit card. 

Until recently the only way drivers from other countries could pay was by cross border bank transfers or money wires, the fees for which could easily be more expensive than the traffic offence penalty itself.

PayTicket is a new digital payment platform allowing motorists to pay international driving fines securely without the added administrative costs with their own debit/credit cards.

https://payticket.moneynetint.com/

I paid a French nominal speeding charge using my UK (HSBC) debit card on line.  I thought it was through a French national scheme which sent the charge to my UK home address, so assume they re-distribute money collected to local prefectures, or is France in a minority having a national scheme?

All French speeding fines from fixed cameras are dealt with in Rennes so, as far as I know, the money goes into directly into the national coffers to pay for more cameras etc. Ed. 

• Sad 1

54 minutes ago, Cabin-boy said:

All French speeding fines from fixed cameras are dealt with in Rennes so, as far as I know, the money goes into directly into the national coffers to pay for more cameras etc. Ed. 

Have they replaced many of the cameras that the Gilet Jaune er fixed, yet?

Not around here they haven’t.

Just about every former site is empty - just (literally) the scorched earth.

I remain cautious however, as mobile ones can turn up at any time.  Furthermore a new and improved Mk II camera is meant to be on its way - supposedly vandal-proof, but where there’s a will, the boys will find a way.

They seem to be slowly making a comeback but a lot of them are still out of action. Here is one of the new generation. It can pick up 8 different offences including not wearing a seatbelt, using a phone and, probably,  picking your nose too! Ed. 

download.jpg

34 minutes ago, Cabin-boy said:

They seem to be slowly making a comeback but a lot of them are still out of action. Here is one of the new generation. It can pick up 8 different offences including not wearing a seatbelt, using a phone and, probably,  picking your nose too! Ed. 

download.jpg

That’s not playing fair though, is it?  With the ground at 45 degrees behind it, the ‘JCB bucket-swipe’ from its rear would be tricky.

Mark you, I’m all in favour of enforcing phone misuse etc and (I’m bound to admit) my own observation of the speed limits has been sharpened by a few fines.  These were before I had to exchange my UK licence for a French one and I didn’t then incur any points. Not so now !

• Like 1