TonyMWeaver

MN Pelican heading to Marseille

'MN Pelican' is currently in the Biscay heading west, bound for Marseille. Arrival scheduled for August 30th.

Capture.JPG

Edited by TonyMWeaver

On 14 July 2017, BF did say that the charter of Pelican would be extended for a further 2 years. It looks as so the charter is up. They never said that the charter would carry on further after July 2019.

The printable timetable shows the Bore Bay at the end of August plus September. It looks like BF have been going to Stena for ships again - who knows how long for !

The Bore Bay is currently on its way to Poole from Bilbao

Kinel! If the Barfleur and Pelican have trouble in Poole with strong winds god knows what the Bore Bay will do!

Is this permanent?

2 minutes ago, seadog said:

Kinel! If the Barfleur and Pelican have trouble in Poole with strong winds god knows what the Bore Bay will do!

Is this permanent?

Who knows !

I imagine that it will be Stena crewed as well - could be a temporary Joint Venture !

1 hour ago, Gareth said:

Did Pelican have problems?

I don't think so, she just plodded on regardless.

I wonder whether Poole will see Etretat in December or thereabouts. Connemara will be at Le Havre and Kerry will be at Cork?

Answer I got on Facebook from someone who works on the pilot boat in Poole.

“Pelican going for a scrubber fit as deadline is January. Also doing a little charter for a bit before dry dock space is available. Bore bay is the temporary cover vessel. Similar vessel to pelican but bit shorter. Finnish crewed”

Brittany Ferries Poole-Cherbourg timetable shows Connemara standing in for Bafleur from 25 November until 31 December. Barfleur comes back on 3 January.

Interestingly if you look at the ferrysite, Bore Bay used to have massive infrastructure plonked on the top of her. This was under UECC. This has now been removed and the funnel looks very odd!

http://www.ferry-site.dk/ferry.php?id=9122007&lang=en

57 minutes ago, jonno said:

I don't think so, she just plodded on regardless.

I wonder whether Poole will see Etretat in December or thereabouts. Connemara will be at Le Havre and Kerry will be at Cork?

Etretat will be serving predominantly Le Havre throughout the winter season until the arrival of Honfleur, so I'd say it is unlikely. In fact, Le Havre will be a two-ship service come January! As bbcone says, Connemara will be appearing at Poole to refit cover Barfleur. 

1 hour ago, georgem7 said:

Interestingly if you look at the ferrysite, Bore Bay used to have massive infrastructure plonked on the top of her. This was under UECC. This has now been removed and the funnel looks very odd!

http://www.ferry-site.dk/ferry.php?id=9122007&lang=en

Etretat will be serving predominantly Le Havre throughout the winter season until the arrival of Honfleur, so I'd say it is unlikely. In fact, Le Havre will be a two-ship service come January! As bbcone says, Connemara will be appearing at Poole to refit cover Barfleur. 

Will that be the longest BF ship ever to have served Poole?

52 minutes ago, hf_uk said:

Connemara has already served Poole, in her guise as Norman Asturias.  I think she must be the longest ship to have served the port for any operator.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, hf_uk said:

Connemara was Norman Asturias, and she served Poole under LD Lines.  So she has served Poole before under a different operator.  Etretat, who was originally Norman Voyager, visited Poole briefly as berthing trials for the Asturias.  Remember the Voyager’s appearance had HT in raptures of speculation about BF’s Poole future...😄

Oops, sorry Gareth, posts crossed!

Edited by Khaines
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, georgem7 said:

It seems she was configured as a car transporter originally with a couple of extra decks which have subsequently been removed.  Ed. 

Edited by Cabin-boy
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, georgem7 said:

Le Havre will be a two-ship service come January!

Any Idea why BF are doing this for just a month? Looks like Connemara will be taking over BDS' timetable from the middle of March too.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Cabin-boy said:

It seems she was configured as a car transporter originally with a couple of extra decks which have subsequently been removed.  Ed. 

Crucially though... does she have a Jacuzzi?!