TonyMWeaver

Fire Aboard European Seaway

3 hours ago, Gareth said:

Didn’t know about that Tony - what happened?

Not a clue, can't find any info on it apart from the photos from the Fire Brigade. 

3 minutes ago, TonyMWeaver said:

Not a clue, can't find any info on it apart from the photos from the Fire Brigade. 

Neither can I. There is nothing in the local press nor on the SDIS 59 homepage. I can't even find any reference to a past fire from which the photos might date. Was it a real fire or an exercise? She does however appear to be sitting at a strange angle in a dock at Dunkerque where she has been since coming beck from Larne in mid-July. Ed. 

Looking at the state of the generator and the comments on the post, it doesn't look like an exercise. It happened Sunday night/Monday morning, photos posted at 11:52 Monday.

Edited by TonyMWeaver

According to the P&O website, 'European Seaway' will not return to Larne due to the fire she suffered on Sunday evening/Monday morning. 'European Highlander' will be the only vessel on the route during the annual refit of the 'European Causeway', unless P & O charter another ship.

• Thanks 1

On 27/08/2019 at 16:13, Gareth said:

Didn’t know about that Tony - what happened?

No more information on the technical issue but the photos above speak for themselves.

Capture.JPG

• Thanks 1

(As I posted to the Ferries! Facebook group)

P&O Ferries EUROPEAN SEAWAY left Dunkerque last night under the tow of the tug FAIRPLAY 33 according to a post on the DFE forum.  It appears Seaway’s AIS was switched off a couple of days ago.  Destination is Gdansk.  Looks like Seaway is in a pretty bad way after her little incident last month and can’t get to Poland under her own power!!!  Apparently she was assisted at Dunkerque by no less than 4 port tugs!

5 minutes ago, tarbyonline said:

P&O Ferries EUROPEAN SEAWAY left Dunkerque last night under the tow of the tug FAIRPLAY 33 according to a post on the DFE forum.  It appears Seaway’s AIS was switched off a couple of days ago.  Destination is Gdansk.  Looks like Seaway is in a pretty bad way after her little incident last month and can’t get to Poland under her own power!!!  Apparently she was assisted at Dunkerque by no less than 4 port tugs!

Last night? I was in Dunkerque  yesterday morning!

IMG_3898.JPG

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jujudu62100 said:

Last night? I was in Dunkerque  yesterday morning!

2 hours ago, tarbyonline said:

Yeah, that's right @jujudu62100, she left Tuesday morning around 07:00 I believe.

11 minutes ago, captjack said:

Can’t the yard in Dunkerque repair her ?, long tow to Poland.

They may well already have a full book of work... it could be cheaper to have her towed to Poland... all sorts of reasons.

3 hours ago, VikingVoyager said:

Est-ce que la fumée a été endommagée sur la coque, en avant du lettrage P & O?

No it's just the entrance for the pilot. There are no traces of the fire on the outside :)

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, TonyMWeaver said:

Oui, c'est vrai @ jujudu62100 , elle est partie mardi matin vers 7 heures, je crois.

A little after ..  Because at 7 am I was in Calais for Caroline Russ. 😃

Edited by jujudu62100
  • Like 1