Tackleberry

Pont Aven today

As my other half received a text message from BF about the 4.5hr delay to it, does anyone know the reason? 

As we were on a Natex coach there's  not a lot we can do now but wait for it to arrive into Plymouth and hope it regains time to arrive back on Thursday as we've booked a train ticket back home for 20:00!!!

1 hour ago, Tackleberry said:

As my other half received a text message from BF about the 4.5hr delay to it, does anyone know the reason? 

As we were on a Natex coach there's  not a lot we can do now but wait for it to arrive into Plymouth and hope it regains time to arrive back on Thursday as we've booked a train ticket back home for 20:00!!!

Technical issues in Santander last night is what I was advised on the phone an hour or two ago

I thought it would be about 5 hours in the end. Unfortunate. 

Will be able to get back to normal for Friday morning though...

So once again Armorique and her passengers are kept waiting due to Pont Aven's problems. Those on Armorique who thought they were landing in Plymouth tonight at 2010 will be 2.5 hours later than that and driving home in the dark, and those waiting to sail on her at 2200 will still be checking in at midnight. Pont Aven has problems. Armorique suffers. 

It will always be Amorique that will suffer as she has flexibility in the timetable and can always make up time - sadly the PA can't on the Spanish route. The basic problem is that Plymouth runs multiple BF ships from one berth which causes problems when one is delayed. - at least Portsmouth has multiple berths which gives a bit more flexibility.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, wortley said:

. Pont Aven has problems. Armorique suffers

Pont wouldnt have even been in Plymouth if she still had 4 working engines. Next year it shouldnt be a regular issue

So Pont Aven sailed from Plymouth at around 22:55, seems that Armorique will be berthed for around 23:115

Any one got any sensible guesses as to what time Thursday evenings Roscoff sailing will depart, which I am on?

Thanks

Sounds a mess in Plymouth tonight with complaints at 22:50 that the PA had not yet left and the Amorique passengers have been stuck on the ship for over 5 hours, at least the incoming Amorique  passengers should get decent compensation but probably not the outgoing ones.

3 minutes ago, jamess said:

So Pont Aven sailed from Plymouth at around 22:55, seems that Armorique will be berthed for around 23:115

Any one got any sensible guesses as to what time Thursday evenings Roscoff sailing will depart, which I am on?

Thanks

I would guess about 01:00.

It must be really unpleasant for you all.

Edited by David Williams

Just now, David Williams said:

I would guess about 01:00.

So if it is that late, will there still be dinner in la Flora?

9 minutes ago, jamess said:

When can I expect a text from BF with an  official estimated departure time?  Will that be tomorrow or Thursday

Sorry, ignore my comments, for some reason I was thinking about tonight and the Amorique !

Others can give you a better answer re Thursday, It will be earlier than the PA left tonight.

4 minutes ago, David Williams said:

Sorry, ignore my comments, for some reason I was thinking about tonight and the Amorique !

Others can give you a better answer re Thursday, It will be earlier than the PA left tonight.

Hi David,

Thanks for confirming that.

Given that it will be earlier, will la flora be open still?

The best thing to do is ask BF  the question on twitter tomorrow as they will have a better chance of predicting the timing and chances of le flora.

ps a DM with your booking reference may get a fuller answer.

Edited by David Williams

ahh OK, hadn't though of DM'ing them, I will do that.  I have been advised that the 2045 Roscoff departure is already pretty full, so little chance of a quick turn around.......

I think the problems started on Sunday in Roscoff. We were informed on the way to Plymouth that the arrival of Pont Aven would be delayed by 45 mins due to the number of cars boarding at Roscoff. The departure to Santander was then delayed by a hour and a half (the boat was full). We docked in Santander 1.5 hours late. Luckily we were at the front of deck three so have no idea how long unloading took but it looked like the boat would be full again for the return

• Thanks 1