Sign in to follow this  
Valerie Wilton

Deluxe Cabins on Pont Aven

They’re all pretty much the same.

Things you may like to consider is which side of the ship it is on (if certain views / sun or absence of sun are important to you for the passage you have in mind).  And location of the cabin door in relation to stairs / lifts / amenities / peace and quiet.  Those are personal considerations that no one can advise you on and which you can consider by looking at the deckplan on the website.

But as far as the cabin itself is concerned, there is nothing to choose between the deluxes.

There is a different answer when it comes to the commodores, as there are two with extra large balconies.  But that doesn’t come into play with the deluxes.

Quick question. If I was going to get an upgrade to a single berth after boarding is there any choice of cabins, or is it just whatever they allocate? 

8 hours ago, Pilgrim said:

If I remember rightly you only pay the cost of one occupant instead of the full rate. Certainly makes a higher-end cabin more attractive.

???

First I’ve heard of that.  I was always of the understanding that it was more expensive to upgrade to a premium cabin on board was more expensive than booking one up front.

2 minutes ago, Gareth said:

???

First I’ve heard of that.  I was always of the understanding that it was more expensive to upgrade to a premium cabin on board was more expensive than booking one up front.

I'd better check before I book, then.