How long would you wait

I think that the BF responses both on board and afterwards were fine, mistakes happen & the blood did look fresh - I have always found the onboard reaction to issues excellent.

There have been recurring complaints re cleaning, equally there have been many on Twitter that complain that the cabin is not ready as soon as they step aboard.

They have a lot of work to do in the 1.5 hour turnaround on some routes, even with starting the bed stripping half an hour before docking,

This year, I have not had any issues with my cabins.

• Like 2
20 minutes ago, David Williams said:

equally there have been many on Twitter that complain that the cabin is not ready as soon as they step aboard.

Often the same people who refuse point blank to leave their cabins 30 minutes before arrival as requested, to facilitate cleaning/preparation for the return crossing ....🙄

Chris

• Like 1
32 minutes ago, David Williams said:

They have a lot of work to do in the 1.5 hour turnaround on some routes, even with starting the bed stripping half an hour before docking.

How long turning the ship round (in domestic terms) takes is entirely a function of manpower.  They could just use 1 person and allow 24 hours.  Or they could employ 100 and do it in 15 minutes.

The time available for turnaround is a known quantity, and it ought to be possible to populate the cleaning teams with the number of people required to do the job properly in the time available.

If the job is regularly not done properly then that will be either because not enough personnel have been assigned to the task, or because the personnel assigned are not doing what is required of them.

Either way, this is boils down to management priorities.  Cost-cutting if they are trying to do the job on the cheap, or sloppiness if performance issues are not being chased up.

26 minutes ago, Fine Whine said:

Often the same people who refuse point blank to leave their cabins 30 minutes before arrival as requested, to facilitate cleaning/preparation for the return crossing ....🙄

Chris

I take issue with this, you pay quite a lot for the cabin. The least you can expect is to have the pleasure of it for the crossing.

If they need to start cleaning it that early, well then as stated that’s a manpower issue.

We paid €410 for our Commodore cabin coming home from France this year. We were getting asked to vacate it 40 mins before docking. 

Thats taking the perfume as far as I’m concerned. 

Edited by Gareth
Profanity Replaced :)
  • Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...

This TripAdvisor review was brought to my attention yesterday. It concerns Etretat and the state of her cabins. When you see the accompanying photos the word 'grim' in the title should really be 'grime'. I think that is inexcusable particularly given they are hard floors and can be washed down. 

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g186258-d214968-r713597907-Brittany_Ferries-Plymouth_Devon_England.html?m=19905

Ed

On 02/10/2019 at 10:04, Gareth said:

If the job is regularly not done properly then that will be either because not enough personnel have been assigned to the task, or because the personnel assigned are not doing what is required of them.

Either way, this is boils down to management priorities.  Cost-cutting if they are trying to do the job on the cheap, or sloppiness if performance issues are not being chased up.

Yes, but that sounds like management speak.  A possible factor is working conditions and pay.  There are millions of workers on low pay and appalling working conditions and insecure terms of employment.  For many companies this is part of the company "ethic" for the workforce, while the top management and shareholders grab the largest share of the financial rewards.  This is neoliberalism.   Whether this applies to BF I have no idea.

We have never had any complaints, but then we travel to Spain in winter when the ship tends to be quiet.