Sign in to follow this  
Andy

Plymouth - Wiron 6

A first for me last night - the evening arrival (20:10) of the Armorique into Plymouth was delayed due to a trawler having broken down on the berth. 

As the breakwater approached the Armorique did a 180’ turn and headed back out to sea. After about 20 minutes we were advised that we were being held due to heavy port congestion (after I had initially enquired at reception and was told it was due to submarine traffic!) but a glance at Marine Traffic revealed a trawler was on the berth, with an MOD tug in attendance. An apologetic SMS received from BF also confirmed this. A further hour past before the trawler was moved - and only then did we head into the harbour, arriving an hour late. Still, it meant I got to watch all of Strictly! :) 

Bizarrely it appears that the trawler is back on the berth again today - fingers crossed it’s moved in good time for the Pont. 

DDFED4CD-B154-4B93-A285-E55D69BF20C0.jpeg

9C9792B5-BF0E-4A11-A1AC-F8424D0733DF.jpeg

EFF8A4C1-EF22-4724-86C5-D516E55CA210.jpeg

We saw the offending trawler today as we came in on Pont Aven - they have parked it to the side. But trawlers in Millbay at all? That's a new one on me, but she looked a bit big for getting through the lock into the Barbican fish market. Maybe the locals will know more. 

She has come in a few times in the last few years. They had a pair of HUGE spanish trawlers last year, with factories onboard which boxed the catch alongside and straight onto waiting trucks in Millbay!