Sign in to follow this  
Valerie Wilton

Hairdryer in Deluxe Cabins?

On Pont Aven, the deluxe cabins have everything the commodores have apart from a balcony.

On Cap Finistere, there isn't even a kettle in the deluxe cabins because of limitations of the capability of the onboard electricity supply.  So I'd very much doubt there are hairdryers.

I don't think any other members of the fleet have deluxe cabins?

I would suspect that the reception desk probably have a couple of hairdryers available to lend to anyone in a cabin who requires one. You could ask them via Twitter to check before booking. Ed. 

4 hours ago, neilcvx said:

Says on the website there’s a kettle and hairdryer in Caps deluxe cabins.

https://www.brittany-ferries.co.uk/ships/cruise-ferries/cap-finistere/accommodation/2-berth-de-luxe-cabin

Interesting.  They must have fixed the electricity issue.  (It wasn’t the case in 2013, when we were told the ships electricity did not support kettles in (even the deluxe) cabins).

Thank you for the replies. I should have said it was the Pont Aven I wanted to know about. It doesn't mention hairdryers on the list of things on their website. I will ask them via Twitter as suggested.

18 minutes ago, neilcvx said:

There’s a hairdryer in the bathroom or the Ponts Deluxe cabins .

That’s a safe place for it! 😳🤣

The French like a plug near the bathroom sink

So do many other countries in my experience. Presumably they believe their citizens have the sense not to stand under the sgower and stick their fingers in the socket. 😲

1 hour ago, neilcvx said:

The French like a plug near the bathroom sink.

Big believers (the Europeans) in Class II (double insulated) appliances and protection by rcd - something our own Regulations have reluctantly adopted in part, as the industry worked toward 'harmonization'.  At the present time, in the UK, you can nowadays install a socket outlet in a bathroom (with some conditions) - hopefully these relaxations to our British Standards will be reviewed if we Brexit! BS7671 Requirements for Electrical Installations if you want a long boring read!

5 minutes ago, nottingham said:

Big believers (the Europeans) in Class II (double insulated) appliances and protection by rcd - something our own Regulations have reluctantly adopted in part, as the industry worked toward 'harmonization'.  At the present time, in the UK, you can nowadays install a socket outlet in a bathroom (with some conditions) - hopefully these relaxations to our British Standards will be reviewed if we Brexit! BS7671 Requirements for Electrical Installations if you want a long boring read!

Not wanting to stray off topic too much but our washing machine is in our bathroom but the switch (as it’s not a standard plug )is in the kitchen. 

4 hours ago, neilcvx said:

Not wanting to stray off topic too much but our washing machine is in our bathroom but the switch (as it’s not a standard plug )is in the kitchen. 

They get around that by wiring them directly into the socket... What's hair anyway and why does it require a special drier, I just air dry?

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, jonno said:

They get around that by wiring them directly into the socket... What's hair anyway and why does it require a special drier, I just air dry?

I know what you mean. I haven't had need of one for years, partly due to seasonal moulting (which strangely never seems to grow back as it should) and partly due to an irrational fear that if the polarity is suddenly reversed and the machine sucks instead of blows I'll lose the rest of what's left. Ed.

• Haha 2

56 minutes ago, Cabin-boy said:

I know what you mean. I haven't had need of one for years, partly due to seasonal moulting (which strangely never seems to grow back as it should) and partly due to an irrational fear that if the polarity is suddenly reversed and the machine sucks instead of blows I'll lose the rest of what's left. Ed.

I visited the GP and he gave me a prescription for premature Kojakulation...

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, jonno said:

Presumably the leaflet in the box doesn't mention any potential side-effects but instead refers to the fringe-benefits. Ed. 

Edited by Cabin-boy
  • Haha 1

I take eyedrops to control glaucoma. A side effect is that it makes your eyelashes grow excessively so they need to be trimmed as a curtain eventually descends upon your eyes. OK, it's nice having the Bambi effect to flutter your lashes but I sort of wonder what would happen if yoy rubbed the stuff into your scalp. Fortunately I still have my hair so have not been tempted to experiment....

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Cabin-boy said:

Presumably the leaflet in the box doesn't mention any potential side-effects but instead refers to the fringe-benefits. Ed. 

I just told him that I didn't want to look too hardheaded.

1 hour ago, Cabin-boy said:

At a fancy dress I once dyed what was left of my hair green, used blue face paint on the bald bits and told everyone I had the world on my shoulders. The dark blue sheet I wore worked well until everything began to run in the heat.

On 03/10/2019 at 21:28, Valerie Wilton said:

I have read there are hairdryers in the Commodore cabins. Do they have them in the deluxe ones as well? Thanks 

If traveling on the Mont St Michel, may I suggest a hot air vent you can stand beside just under the port side funnel on Deck 9 (?). Not ideal but a close substitute to a hair dryer :)

• Haha 1