Jump to content

Hairdryer in Deluxe Cabins?


Recommended Posts

On Pont Aven, the deluxe cabins have everything the commodores have apart from a balcony.

On Cap Finistere, there isn't even a kettle in the deluxe cabins because of limitations of the capability of the onboard electricity supply.  So I'd very much doubt there are hairdryers.

I don't think any other members of the fleet have deluxe cabins?

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, neilcvx said:

Says on the website there’s a kettle and hairdryer in Caps deluxe cabins.

https://www.brittany-ferries.co.uk/ships/cruise-ferries/cap-finistere/accommodation/2-berth-de-luxe-cabin

Interesting.  They must have fixed the electricity issue.  (It wasn’t the case in 2013, when we were told the ships electricity did not support kettles in (even the deluxe) cabins).

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, neilcvx said:

The French like a plug near the bathroom sink.

Big believers (the Europeans) in Class II (double insulated) appliances and protection by rcd - something our own Regulations have reluctantly adopted in part, as the industry worked toward 'harmonization'.  At the present time, in the UK, you can nowadays install a socket outlet in a bathroom (with some conditions) - hopefully these relaxations to our British Standards will be reviewed if we Brexit! BS7671 Requirements for Electrical Installations if you want a long boring read!

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, nottingham said:

Big believers (the Europeans) in Class II (double insulated) appliances and protection by rcd - something our own Regulations have reluctantly adopted in part, as the industry worked toward 'harmonization'.  At the present time, in the UK, you can nowadays install a socket outlet in a bathroom (with some conditions) - hopefully these relaxations to our British Standards will be reviewed if we Brexit! BS7671 Requirements for Electrical Installations if you want a long boring read!

Not wanting to stray off topic too much but our washing machine is in our bathroom but the switch (as it’s not a standard plug )is in the kitchen. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, neilcvx said:

Not wanting to stray off topic too much but our washing machine is in our bathroom but the switch (as it’s not a standard plug )is in the kitchen. 

They get around that by wiring them directly into the socket... What's hair anyway and why does it require a special drier, I just air dry?

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, jonno said:

They get around that by wiring them directly into the socket... What's hair anyway and why does it require a special drier, I just air dry?

I know what you mean. I haven't had need of one for years, partly due to seasonal moulting (which strangely never seems to grow back as it should) and partly due to an irrational fear that if the polarity is suddenly reversed and the machine sucks instead of blows I'll lose the rest of what's left. Ed.

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Cabin-boy said:

I know what you mean. I haven't had need of one for years, partly due to seasonal moulting (which strangely never seems to grow back as it should) and partly due to an irrational fear that if the polarity is suddenly reversed and the machine sucks instead of blows I'll lose the rest of what's left. Ed.

I visited the GP and he gave me a prescription for premature Kojakulation...

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, jonno said:

I visited the GP and he gave me a prescription for premature Kojakulation...

Presumably the leaflet in the box doesn't mention any potential side-effects but instead refers to the fringe-benefits. Ed. 

Edited by Cabin-boy
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

I visited the GP and he gave me a prescription for premature Kojakulation...

I take eyedrops to control glaucoma. A side effect is that it makes your eyelashes grow excessively so they need to be trimmed as a curtain eventually descends upon your eyes. OK, it's nice having the Bambi effect to flutter your lashes but I sort of wonder what would happen if yoy rubbed the stuff into your scalp. Fortunately I still have my hair so have not been tempted to experiment....

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Cabin-boy said:

Presumably the leaflet in the box doesn't mention any potential side-effects but instead refers to the fringe-benefits. Ed. 

I just told him that I didn't want to look too hardheaded.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cabin-boy said:

I know what you mean. I haven't had need of one for years, partly due to seasonal moulting (which strangely never seems to grow back as it should) and partly due to an irrational fear that if the polarity is suddenly reversed and the machine sucks instead of blows I'll lose the rest of what's left. Ed.

At a fancy dress I once dyed what was left of my hair green, used blue face paint on the bald bits and told everyone I had the world on my shoulders. The dark blue sheet I wore worked well until everything began to run in the heat.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
On 03/10/2019 at 21:28, Valerie Wilton said:

I have read there are hairdryers in the Commodore cabins. Do they have them in the deluxe ones as well? Thanks 

If traveling on the Mont St Michel, may I suggest a hot air vent you can stand beside just under the port side funnel on Deck 9 (?). Not ideal but a close substitute to a hair dryer :)

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...