Sign in to follow this  
cvabishop

Rouen by ship

Mrs B and I have booked a 4 day cruise out of Tilbury on C&M's Magellan in early December. Ports of call are Rouen, Honfleur and Zeebrugge (for Bruges).

PA & Magellan are of similar tonnage but Magellan is longer. Can anyone who has done the BF Xmas/New Year cruises up the Seine tell me where we might dock and how easy it is to reach the town centre from the ship please? There is an excursion offered with a walking tour but we don't want to do that.

Colin

Pont Aven and Bretagne used to berth on the Quai Richard Waddington / Quai Emile Duchemin (around about the point where one turns into the other) on the north bank of the Seine just to the west of the bridge over the river.  I think there might be a small cruise terminal there.

Thanks Gareth, found it. It is about a mile to the centre of town which ties in with mentions online. There is no mention of a shuttle bus by C&M but taxis are available if it is raining.

It is about a mile but it crosses a main road. I would have thought that the cruise company would have a shuttle bus or more, BF certainly did.. There is a tiny terminal building. Make sure you enjoy the sail up the Seine, it is magic in winter.

• Thanks 1

Rouen is a great city to visit the Joan of Arc exhibition is well worth a visit , plenty taxis at the train station (which is fairly central) to get back .

• Thanks 1

Rouen is a very attractive city to visit, plenty of good restaurants available after you have done your cultural duty by going round the wonderful cathedral.

For BF enthusiasts, easily accessible by train from Le Havre, where the station is walkable from the BF terminal if you miss the shuttle bus.