Sign in to follow this  
straightfeed

Return or one way tickets

Waiting for the 2020 timetables to be released and I wondered if anyone has experience of booking one way outbound tickets and then booking the inbound ticket later in holiday/visit.

Thing is, this year has  seen a few changes to my inbound dates due to hospital visits/ relative in a home etc and BF have always been able to sort me out with a revised crossing back home on my return ticket.

Anyone have any idea of the cost difference between a Return and a One Way ticket both ways? Also have any problems been encountered by just not being able to get on board or even get a cabin?

For me a One Way ticket might avoid the amendment fee as well and give greater flexibility.

Thanks

Stu

No difference in cost now. I got into the habit of booking two singles so that changes could be made, free, to the return closer to the sailing date rather than being subject to the cut off dictated by the outbound date. As you say, Stu, greater flexibility.

Edited by rogerpatenall

The only downside is if you try to book a busy crossing last minute the price might have gone up or if a cabin is needed there might not be any left.  Other than that booking individual crossings gives more flexibility.